Covid 19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Mar 11, 2020.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Funny, I typed this and left it unposted...

Yup. But so many people cannot grasp the concept. "If I get COVID, I'll probably be ok; if I get a shot, something might happen; so why would I get the vaccine?!", or "Vaccinated people can transmit the disease; also, vaccinated people can also get ill; so what good is the vaccine anyway?!" Of course, the probabilities for those events are vastly different with and without a shot, but you can't get people to truly understand that, it's too abstract for them. Even many educated people, who have uni degrees in some natural science, but who didn't have much math. They don't understand probabilities, mathematical expectation, statistics (they know the terms, but they find them really abstract)... and their risk management is therefore really crude.

Trusteft likes this.
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

so are the figures thrown out way regarding the impacts and the risk to serious problems for depending on the age groups... for something that frankly can never be properly cured and no vaccine of this nature is going to do anything, it's frankly no different than the general flu shot, re-invented, shares zero in common with the likes of what i often hear uttered regarding small pox or polio.... false equivalence.

3. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

US Customs has seized thousands of fake vaccine cards from China

[​IMG]

The US Customs and Border Protection agency has announced another shipment seizure involving fake COVID-19 vaccination cards. The shipment was discovered by officers working at a Memphis port; the cards originated from China and were destined for New Orleans, according to the agency. This was, the CBP explains, the latest in many seized shipments involving unauthorized vaccination cards.

The most recent discovery was announced on Friday, but it wasn’t the first time agents have intercepted fake vaccine cards in shipments from China, according to the US Customs and Border Protection. The agency revealed that hundreds of these cards are seized on a nightly basis.

The Memphis port alone has seized 121 shipments thus far this year amounting to more than 3,000 fake vaccine passport cards. The agency describes the most recent shipment as low quality, noting that the cards included typos, misspelled words, and unfinished words on both the English and Spanish sides.

4. IvanV

I just got my third shot! :D Decided to mix and match, so I took a Pfizer this time (originally, I was given Sinopharm).

Trusteft likes this.
  5. Judas

meanwhile in canada... if you mix the shots up, you are no longer capable of traveling to the states or rather outside the country and are considered high risk...

kind of sadly hilarious.

I know of a few people that had vacation plans not long from now that have been actively barred for a year which is fucking stupid, all because they didn't get the exact same secondary or 3rd shot as their first.

6. IvanV

That is weird. Preliminary research in Europe suggests that mixing different vaccines (in particular, they were looking at Pfizer and AZ) provides better protection than two doses of either of them. Plus the third shot, whichever it is, shouldn't invalidate the first two after six months, that's just extremely puzzling.

7. Judas

illogical rules are illogical rules...

Mr Cairo likes this.
  8. Judas

it's always kinda strange that all covid vaccine positive videos from the EXACT SAME meetings or discussions or court/legal/cspan whatever are easily found on youtube.. while any detractors are instantly removed and can only found on the likes of vimeo, liveleaks..etc.. because youtube including facebook or others including twitter, it's removed before it's often even posted... and you have to jump through hoops to post.

I mean pretty much everyone has a list of questionable histories... but it's amazing how quickly groups of people funnel in and will drag anyone through the mud even if they are stating factual data and have countless individuals that have as much or more knowledge that propose the same information.

but it's but one of 1000's of statements made.

Regarding the annual or bi-annual flu shots, it's dead center on the money every time. The phrase has been uttered so often that it's become an idiom of sorts. "Those who have or do get the flu shot, should continually do so... those that have not, should not get it unless they are certainly they'll get it as often as possible".

There is data out there, plenty of it, but the amount of bias, the amount of money swirling around, it's incredible how gullible people are regarding the situation and the whole "trust the science" statements i laughable since the people uttering it area by far the best examples of anti-science.

point of referrence for that which happened recently as cities, provinces/states and even countries deliberate regarding making the covid vaccine MANDATORY... as well as making it legal for businesses to flatout fire you and make you unable to get a job, or even prevent you from operating a business if you do not happen to get it.

The shear billions of dollars nearly bankrupted companies are raking in, and the poltical ties, the backpeddling and dancing that so many doctors end up the media. For fucks sakes...

I'll state again, no testimony is perfect, nor are the people providing them. The fact is, that there are as i said 1000's of medical doctors, even geneticists, every conceivable person at every level that deals explicitly with this situation are very very much against what is happening and not from a subjective standpoint, but from the scientific/facts standpoint.

9. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

10. Trusteft

11. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Truck delivers 'funeral home' reverse psychology to the unvaccinated

The sides of the black truck cruising downtown Charlotte, N.C., on Sunday offered contrarian advice to NFL fans headed to the game between the Carolina Panthers and New Orleans Saints: "Don't get vaccinated."

That's a message that might've resonated in a state where fewer than half of residents are fully vaccinated against Covid-19. That is, until they read the rest of the truck, which said, "Wilmore Funeral Home."

Zing.

In truth, there is no Wilmore Funeral Home, and going to the URL given for its website takes you to the message, "Get vaccinated now. If not, see you soon." Clicking on that takes you to a local urgent care facility's vaccine signup.

The truck was the work of Charlotte ad agency BooneOakley, which was looking for a way to make a point about getting jabbed.

"I just feel like conventional advertising is not working. Like, just regular messages that say 'Get the Shot' or 'Go Get Vaccinated' ... they just kind of blend in with everything else," agency director David Oakley told CNN. "We wanted to do something that saw it from a different perspective and kind of shocks people into thinking, 'Holy moly, man.'

"I think the reason we did it was because we want people to get vaccinated, and I believe even if just one person gets vaccinated because of that billboard, I give it a grand success. Just one person, it will be worth it to me."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trusteft likes this.
  12. IvanV

Some people are so disgusting! A very beloved childhood figure has died from COVID in his fifties. In order to push their own standings regarding what's going on, people are writing comments such as "But did he actually die from complications caused by COVID, or by the third dose that he received last Thursday?" - the friends and family have confirmed that the actor was not vaccinated (at all), or "The fact that he was fine until he was intubated doesn't matter, right?", when no hospital or doctor would put a patient on such a ventilator unless death was otherwise certain and imminent.

Trusteft likes this.
  13. Trusteft

I've said it before and I will keep on saying it.
    Idiocracy is a prophecy.

14. IvanV

A mate went to his routine heart checkup this morning. Out of the six patients they have there (on cardiology) that they tested, 5 came back COVID positive.

Meanwhile, the prez tells us that the numbers are dropping.

15. Trusteft

Fully vaccinated people here are a bit under 60%. Disappointing number.
    With at least one dose are like 67% or something.
    The vaccination rate has slowed down a lot. Too many anti vaxxers, too many morons, too many whatever.
    *sigh*. This will continue into the next year unless far more people vaccinate sooner than later.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  16. Judas

Meanwhile in canada, we're averaging 40% of the hospital patients are fully vaccinated and those with the most recent variant are far worse off than the ones that weren't. Sorry i mean given the general inhibitor since it's not technically a vaccine.

17. IvanV

Technically, a vaccine is "a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease." It's a vaccine.

I haven't seen the Canadian numbers, but I've seen the Israeli ones and there the vaccinated are fairing much, much better than the unvaccinated; Portugal has a very high vaccination rate and they are doing quite well on the whole (taking down restrictions while maintaining a fairly low rate of infections) etc.

This is an interesting read: Bloomberg's COVID resilience ranking. Countries are ranked by an aggregate score that covers the epidemiological situation (less COVID is better, obviously), lockdown status and the ability to travel (again, less severe restrictions are better) and economic indicators (the projected GDP growth).

18. Judas

It's not an immunity though, it's an inhibitor, it doesn't have the necessary success rate to prevent or reduce the impacts of it, and it doesn't work against the newer variants.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  19. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Agreed my son id double jabbed and was positive for covid last week

20. Judas

did you get notably sick?