Covid 19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

No I have been around quite a few people that tested positive for it but have managed to avoid it (im double jabbed as well) but my son got notably ill he has a persistent cough (more annoying that debilitating TBH) and is quite tired all the time .... he seems to be coming out of it already though but for 6 of the 10 days he has had it he was pretty grotty

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Glad to hear that you've gone through it without bigger problems.

Calliers likes this.
  3. IvanV

A friend visited the US recently. He had a proof of vaccination issued here (he received two doses of Pfizer, possibly even a booster shot). He entered the country and moved all over the mainland US without issues, and then he landed on Hawaii. There, his certificate was not valid because it was not issued by a US institution and he was given the choice of being quarantined or returning to where he came from. A quick test would have sufficed and there was a facility to do it there, but he was not given the option. In the end, he boarded the next plane back to LA, took the test there, got back onto the next flight to Hawaii, receiving the test results as the plane was getting ready to take off, and returned there. Completely bonkers!

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

meanwhile here the fastest i've ever seen a test result was about 3 days if you're lucky, often it's 5 days average or longer. Add to this, false negatives and false positives. It's kinda hilarious when you get the call stating the result, and even if you get a negative result, getting told to "remain quarantined for 14 more days within your home or in the hotel" is absolute bullshit still.

Talk about absolutely trying to bankrupt people left and right at every turn.

Add to this, the shear number of people that didn't get the "approved" vaccination because it was delivered to them in one location as standard, and it's rejected in others. I know of a few people that were told it was ok, only to arrive at their destination and get basically forced to return at their own expense immediately because it still wasn't good enough.

Frankly the fact that they want such high levels and yet still aren't shutting down cruise ships, copious numbers of public events, 50,000 people at a stadium, really? Etc and so forth. "we require you to provide QR codes showing your vaccination status to even enter a restaurant, but you don't have to worry about a damn thing at the sporting event where you're stuff liked sardines into the seatings"

A covid outbreak occurs at a seniors home, kills a few elderly people that were having a hard time even walking much less remember who they are and what their family names were, and it incites an entire province getting sent to lockdown...

Things have gone well passed stupid.

5. IvanV

Sime random COVID related, although not necessarily on topic thoughts:

Supposedly, they will pass the decision to introduce COVID certificates that will be required to enter a bunch of spaces in Serbia tomorrow. My take:
    1. I don't buy it
    2. My wife is gonna flip
      1. Serves her right
      2. I'm screwed

Random COVID observation no. 2: I have a group with 5 other current and former co-workers. All three of us who are still here are vaccinated, while none of the other three guys are. Probably a coincidence (two left before the pandemic, while the third one quit for unrelated reasons, before the vaccination stated). Still, I think that all but one of my firm's current employees are vaccinated, whereas two of those the guys are working together again and, judging by the number of people they mentioned were ill over there, the vaccination rate at their new place seems way lower. It seems that people are gravitating towards those who are like minded more than we are aware.

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

of course, divide and conquer through polarization.... over the most idiotic thing.

7. IvanV

Trusteft and Tyrsonswood like this.
  8. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

I have read quite a few replies here since my last entry and it was a great read. I see how there are two groups , pro and anti.

The problem for me is that information should not be suppressed regardless of the source but media are totally doing it.

I have read somewhere that based on education and pro or anti vaccine, the most anti-vaxers are people with Ph.D.. It is amazing why would that be like that. Are these people the stupidest out all whole population not to believe what the media are pushing?

Why the information from scientists that know stuff but are saying the whole truth about vaccines are considered the ones who spread so called misinformation?
    If there is 50 people discussing the subject why only the ones who "go with the flow" are allowed to talk?
    If they talk absurd, people will not believe them but let people know what they have to say.

Anyway, it will be never-ending discussion anyway.....

I do enjoy the reading though. :)

9. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

10. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

within these times i have still avoided getting hold of Covid. All LFT has always been Clear...

My first two Vax Jabs were AstraZeneca. First Jab were in feb then the second were in may of this year. Only had Very Very Mild side effects which were pleasing when a majority of the rest of the family had strong side effects...

Which gave me the opportunity to get my booster an Saturday of last week. For those in the uk who had A/V will have either a Full Dose of Pfizer or half a dose of Moderna.

I were Given the Moderna Booster.. I have Never had a period like it, I have only started to be able to use my left arm and shoulder (I did choose to take the jab in my weakest arm) in a more normal way from earlier this morning...

Mr Cairo and Trusteft like this.
  11. Trusteft

I had my booster shot (Moderna) on the 3rd of December.
    The next day I was feeling cold, very cold while i didn't have high fever. (37.1C) The next day I realized the chance that I was really feeling cold, but it was a side effect. It was time for action on my part. To do something which would deal with this once and for all. No matter what the cost!
    I got a depon pill (paracetamol) and after a while I was fine. I kept taking one every 8 hours, just in case, for another 2 days. Then I stopped and had no other effects.

I just wish I thought about taking one earlier. Other than that no issues with the booster shot.

I plan on testing my antibodies count next week. Back in early June they were at 7300 or something, in November were 1500 or something. I am quite curious how high they will be this time. (all 3 were with the Moderna).

In other news, a Greek journalist and president of a new political party who had quite the following as an anti vaxxer died last night from complications from covid 19.
    His party's secretary (or something) said that he wasn't really against the vaccine he was just worried that because he had diabetes he risked dying from the vaccine...
    Too bad that his actual doctor came out and mentioned how he kept pressuring him to get the vaccine but he was unwilling to do so and was always trying to find BS excuses to not proceed.
    So, he died. He was very well known and I have no doubt many people died because they followed him and others like him.
    Rest in peace, but hopefully some lives will be saved thanks to his death.

12. IvanV

At least he was the kind of person who lived (and died) by his word. Poor choice, though.

An office mate had the Moderna booster (or maybe it was even a full dose, I'm not sure how they do things around here). I think that there was a bit of a heightened temperature for the first evening, but nothing major. I'm slightly worried that I haven't felt almost anything after any of my shots. I initially got two doses of SinoPharm and, apart from a slight swell that made it uncomfortable to sleep on that shoulder for the first couple of nights after the first one, I haven't felt anything, and I haven't noticed anything after the Pfizer, which was my third dose, either.

Trusteft likes this.
  13. Trusteft

Heh. All 3 of mine were of Moderna. I remember the morning of the next day of my booster shot I was thinking and perhaps even a bit worried that I had no side-effects yet. After the first 2 shots I had pain on my arm by the next morning IIRC. "Thankfully" it got worse later that day lol.
    I wouldn't worry about it, side effects are normal, but they are not always present.

I don't know about the cost there, but here I can go to a private medical lab and have my blood tested for antibodies to/from the vaccine. Better to wait 2 weeks though. Here it costs 20 euros. At least where I go.