Creative Driver Updates and New Audigy 2 DriverPack 10/02/03

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by NewsFactory, Feb 10, 2003.

1. dwarfy

dwarfy New Member

yes, and It is the same :( I've tested them on my two comps (one with a live! (one of the first) and the second with a live! 1024) and it's the same.

so i continue use the .323 (because I haven't seen any problem with the game/apps I use AND the stratup sound is ok, so ... :D)

2. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

Seems like something is messed in the driver itself (10k1 part). They will not bother fixing it.
    Still, you can use newer apps and .323 driver (they *should*be* compatible).

3. dwarfy

dwarfy New Member

I don't use creative apps, just the drivers

4. Asuka

Asuka BANNED

Finally, got the new A2 drivers to work on my SB Live! 5.1 :)
    First, I only had the new drivers and tried to install them (after patching them). Install worked fine, no probs in device manager after rebooting, but no sound at all :mad:
    So, since it didn't work the easy way, I did it like this:

1. Got hacked .283 driver-only package, .323 and .324 drivers from Creative's site and patched the latter two with ctcomp
    2. Uninstalled Creative Web drivers, removed all Creative references from <windir>\inf (just search for files containing "creative") to prevent auto-reinstall
    3. Installed hacked .283 using ctzapxx.exe, reboot
    4. Installed patched .323 using ctzapxx.exe, reboot
    5. Installed patched .324 using ctzapxx.exe, reboot

Now everything works just fine :D No sound problems, no missing files, no other problems whatsoever.
    I don't have installed any of the junk apps from Creative, just drivers.
    I've also compacted the files a good bit, repacking them and compressing using cab (which compresses much better than zip and still better than rar). Everything completely patched and ready to use!
    .283 driver set: 11.2MB
    .323 driver update: 6.0MB
    .324 driver update: 3.8MB
    If someone is willing to host them, I could upload them.

5. dwarfy

dwarfy New Member

and no probs at the windows startup sound ???

(because here, with two comps with live!, EVRYTHING is ok except the windows startup sound)

6. erickmOrillo

erickmOrillo New Member

Does this new drivers have the function of clone the stereo front sound into the rear speakers?

7. RIV@NVX

No, only CMSS. foobar2000 has this option, for example.

8. shuki

shuki New Member

Just wanted to post up that I went through RIV@NVX's FAQ yesterday and brought my OEM audigy up to .324 drivers and apps. Thank you guys SO much for the input and RIV, especially for writing and maintaining the FAQ. Man I love DH!!

9. XBoy

XBoy New Member

SPEAKER CALIBRATION

Is anyone able to create and have it display your speaker calibration profiles? I create the profiles but it seems that it doesn't save??

10. BlueSteel

BlueSteel New Member

The only profile-related problem I encountered is that if you save them under a new name you need to create a new profile for each speaker-setting; normally you can save several configurations in the same file.

I'd recommend a complete uninstall and a clean re-install of the drivers. (inclusive deleting \program files\creative, H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Creative and H_KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Creative after deinstalling the drivers)
    Don't forget to install the .323-updates before installing .324.

The drivers sometimes just don't install correctly; don't ask me why. I've often encountered similar problems, reinstalling always helped.

11. XBoy

XBoy New Member

ARGH

I've verified it to work on another machine (updated to 324 and patched all apps). ARGH but my computer I've reinstalled and still no go...stupid buggy software...

12. XBoy

XBoy New Member

files

Where does it store the speaker calibration data profiles anyways? I tried searching through the registry but I don't see anything, except the current active calibration.

13. SupaBeast

SupaBeast New Member

Goddamnit. I boot the PC up today, and it says new hardware detected, and I decline to install drivers (there is no new hardware), I soon find that I cant uese any of the Creative Programs and my computer doesnt detect my audigy 2. When I try to DL the drivers off the site, I still get a problem, as it is a self extracting program and halkts once it sees that I "dont have an Audigy related product"...me sad.

14. awesmdiver

awesmdiver New Member

I was able to install the Audigy 2 drivers for my Augidy and everything works great except for AS3/Dolby Digtal. I noticed that I need to put it at 41mhz for sound to work however when I try to play a DVD using SPIF all I get is a popping noise - If I use just the .283 drivers no problem but once I upgrade to .323 or .324 Dolby Digtal dies.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

15. Bhairav

Bhairav New Member

Damn. Updated my Live! Value with the .324 drivers. It worked fine. Now I need to install Creative's crappy applications. I have that full 119 Mb download, so i tried to run the app setups. The setup went ahead, but whenever I try to run the apps, they tell me that I have the wrong hardware, or words to that effect. Anything I can do to alleviate this?
    Thanks
    Bhairav

16. RIV@NVX

Which apps have you installed?
    EAX Console and Speaker Calibration shouldn't be installed.

17. Bhairav

Bhairav New Member

Hey RivaNVX. I installed all the apps except Speaker Calibration and EAX Console. No worries, I uninstalled and reinstalled, and it all worked!
    Damn Creative driver team :hmm:

18. RIV@NVX

Great to hear that you got it working :)