Creative Drivers were not deleted?

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by ThaRealMatix, Jan 27, 2007.

1. ThaRealMatix

ThaRealMatix New Member

Hello,

i just bought DriverCleaner and i am a little bit confused. I get out my soundblaster out of my pc to install a new soundcard. so i uninstalled the drivers and software, rebooted and then used Driver Cleaner. I selected multiple cleaning filter and selected creative audio and creative audio lite and added boht. Then i selected start and "show details" .. ethere were shown several files and registry entries that - so driver cleaner - has been deleted.

I rebootet the system and just startet driver cleaner once again to check if all has gone right. but no. i just repeated the steps above and again it told me that files and registry entries has been deleted?

it doesnt matter how oft i do this step everytime he tells me he deletes something.

Whats wrong?

Oh.. i am using Windows Xp pro SP2

2. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

I haven't tried this in a while but it sounds like drivers from within WinXP is installing themselves automatically. If so then that is normal as there are Soundblaster drivers within WinXP's installation files. For removing such integrated drivers, see the CabCleaner part of the DriverCleaner program.

3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

ThaRealMatix can you send me the log files from Driver Cleaner.NET, they are in the log folder in the DC.NET folder. Send the log files to info@drivercleaner.net and if possible zip them.

It is indeed possible that windows copies back some creative drivers.

4. Spike

I did a quick look at your log files and it cleaned out a lot, only the later times i saw it are registry keys with Enum\Root and those keys are protected by windows and i am stil ltrying to find a way to remove those, but for now i noticed that those don't give problems. So the other files and registry items did clear so the driver is gone.

5. ThaRealMatix

ThaRealMatix New Member

Ok thanks...

but why are their always the same elements in the details window? Shouldnt their be less elements in the list when i run the cleaning a second time?

I mean .. the details say they are deleting things they - so you tell me - are already deleted?

6. Spike

If you look in the first log file you see there are a lot of files and such deleted. In the tries after that you see it is that a3d.dll which is copied back by windows and those enum\root places in the reigstry and they are protected by windows and those keys cannot be deleted.

The same elements are in the detail window now, because those enum\root keys are the only thing it can find, because it can not delete the main key. You can ignore those keys.

Also Creative Audio Lite and Creative Audio looks for a lot things the same so if you use both it will list those enum\root keys 2 times.

But i keep working on finding a way to delete those keys.