Creative Soundblaster Live - Live 5.1 & Audigy 2 Drivers

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by NewsFactory, Nov 29, 2002.

1. NewsFactory

NewsFactory News Guru

2. sutats

sutats New Member

It's unforunate that Windows XP doesn't respect Creative's drivers.

3. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

well ive never been a fan of creative, having owned a SBlive with a few months of problems I ripped the card out and binned it.

I recently got a creative audigy 2 and have found very few problems to this date which has suprised me. The only issue I had was a hard lock when using the microsoft natural keyboard pro volume buttons. having upgraded the keyboard driver software to V2.21 this no longer happens. maybe ill find other problems soon, but so far its been very well behaved.

4. nForcer

nForcer Twice the fun!

I have and will only run Creative sound cards. Unless you go professional, and by that I mean true Dolby-THX-"TheWholeWorks" $500+ sound cards, you can't go wrong with a Creative product. Just as Zardon said, he had a minor problem, updated a driver and the problem was no more. I'm convinced that if you have a serious enough problem to where your Creative card won't function like it should, then you need to fix something else, because its not the card.

5. Malus

Malus BSD SMASH!

I just can't agree, especially when the problem goes away by removing the Creative product from your PC. I think that there is just a lack of bug testing in the card making process of
    Creative.

6. nForcer

nForcer Twice the fun!

:rolleyes: I just can't agree with you on this one. You can't expect a new product to work seamless with all your old hardware (no matter how old it is), thus your comment about removing the card to solve your problem is irrelivant. If you don't take the time to figure out how to solve the problem, then you have no room to talk. Next please...

While we are on the subject of bug testing, if you want an example of a company that doesn't take the time to run tests... take a look at ATI. Why else why do you hear about thier video card drivers not always being up to par?

7. dai

dai Active Member

sblive

i have sblive installed on my own and my daughters computer i install the drivers from safe mode and except for the mike on the daughters machine failing i am very happy with it puts out better and clearer than my sony system in the lounge which was not cheap

8. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

ATI doesn't run test, but at least listens to users feedback.
    And ATI at least fixes their drivers (let's say that 8500 is still not fully fixed, and it is out since...) - so you can't expect full working product as it is released.
    But CL is not fixing at all (do you remember that LiveWare 3.0 was released only for Live! 5.1 series?)

One message to all unsatisfied CL users: use kX
    Before, take a look at this thread. Yup, it is in the right place ;)

9. BONEHEAD

BONEHEAD New Member

These drivers are not good.

10. nForcer

nForcer Twice the fun!

Wow that was helpful... how about some details there BONEHEAD

11. yello

yello New Member

so how do the drivers perform? post back