Crysis Open Beta

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Vikingod, Oct 2, 2007.

1. pigdog

pigdog New Member

Saw the first post and imediatly followed the link, but it had become subscriber only.

I'm so interested in the game that I nearly forked out my hard earned dollars on the spot, but a little voice told me to read the rest of the DH posts first.

I've decided not to subscribe.

2. Vesper

Vesper Ex-Review Monkey

I had major artifacts too with my 8800gtx, I hope they get these bugs fixed out. Also, it took a couple of tries for me to even to connect to a server. I didn't manage to almost make out what was going on one time though, then somebody punched me so I quit :dead:

3. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

Who wants to bet this game gets delayed?

I am kind of shocked that first no one is that happy with the game and second with all the bugs.

I have yet to play it but it seems like they have some work to be done yet.

4. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

I've no way to verify this, but I hear this is no where near the most current build. I've full confidence things will be in good shape for release. Its not like these guys to release something unfinished.

5. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

i was actually able to put some time into the game this evening. i really didnt think it was that good. its still just capture the flag any way you look at it.

the motion bluring is really over the top though. makes it next to impossible to spot some one when you spin around.

6. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

Think there is a option in the menu to turn that off? I could see to make your system run a little faster that you could maybe turn this off somehow and get advantage?

7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I actually had no problem getting on servers last night. But, on some of them, the artifacts were so bad that if I looked at anything other than straight at the ground in front me, the screen would go almost pure white.

And, I did get to spend some time running around and getting some nice views when the artifacts weren't so bad....even looked pretty good in most cases other than no AA at all.

I did have one system lock up but I'm also tweaking some new RAM and I think that is the main issue with that problem.

I'm going to try what someone suggested about turning the Shaders all the way up and just turn off...on purpose...any AA settings.

8. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

*CRY* MY RIG DOESN'T MEET THE REQUIREMENTS

*cry*
    *self-harm*
    *cry*

9. Vikingod

For those of you with issues, don't forget to check out the offical beta forums. You can discuss issues without violating the NDA, and there are FAQ's which will no doubt solve many problems. I checked it out last night and solved many glaring issues with my rig, game is actually running well now. It also will give you an idea of the current build's status, (and put your worries to bed).

Login information is included with the email you received with your key.

10. nerdrock

nerdrock New Member

I heard the game crashes if you don't plug things into your rig correctly, Viking

11. Vikingod

:bleh:

Who invited the peanut gallery to the conversation...