Cube World

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by LeanWolf, Jul 11, 2013.

1. LeanWolf

LeanWolf alpha male

Anyone manage to get this and try it out?
    I've just got it and I can tell you it is fun on a bun!
    Seems their registration woes are over.
    The procedurally generated worlds put minecraft to shame.

home page

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I never liked Minecraft and can't understand why people liked it in the first place, after playing Pokemon Red, Blue, Gold and Yellow to the end though I know a game is not all about graphics but Minecraft never grabbed me all the same.

3. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

I much would like to see a reboot to or a replacement of Minecraft, because what I feel holds it back from getting much further has to do with its engine rather than the ability to add feature into the world. Cube World could be very nice. I don't like where they went with the art direction though, but there will surely be others like it trying to replace Minecraft

4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I agree with mkk, Minecraft seriously needs an update.

5. LeanWolf

LeanWolf alpha male

You either like minecraft or you don't, no update will matter much (it's actually constantly updated with new stuff), but you do have to try it to know for sure (I was skeptical before I tried it). But I played with lego as a child and loved building castles and so I love minecraft for building and defending from monsters (man do I loathe creepers!). The look can be greatly improved with textures and mods, but of course you have to be able to live with the blockiness or just forget it. But I agree that the engine is the limiting factor and it's time for a new replacement.
    Cube world looks promising, the rpg element is already much better than minecraft although there is no building implemented yet. The terrain generation is truly gorgeous (again, unless you don't dig on the blockiness). I'd post some screens but I'm lazy to reinstall fraps.