Cyberpunk 2077 General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by IvanV, Dec 19, 2020.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

There have been news topics with some discussion related to this game, so I thought I'd open one under Gaming Discussion as a central place to talk about the title.

Latest news is that the patch 1.05 has been released for all consoles, with the PC version soon to follow. Here is the list of fixes:

Mission related:
    • Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
    • Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
    • Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
    • It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
    • Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
    • Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
    • Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
    • Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
    • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
    • Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
    • The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
    • Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
    • Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
    • Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
    • Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
    • Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
    • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
    • Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
    • Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
    • Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
    • Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
    • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
    • Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
    • Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
    • Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
    • Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
    • Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
    • Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
    • Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
    • Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.

Gameplay

• Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
    • Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.

Visual

• Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
    • V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
    • Fixed some UI overlap issues.
    • V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage.
    • NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
    • Added some warmth to HDR.
    • Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
    • Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
    • Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.

UI

• Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
    • The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
    • Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.

Performance & Stability

• Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.

Miscellaneous

• Offscreen explosions make noise now.

Console-specific

• Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
    • Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
    • Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
    • Corrected the look of several vehicles.
    • Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
    • Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.
    PC-specific
    • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
    • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
    • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
    • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
    • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
    • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
    • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    Calliers likes this.
  2. IvanV

Considering the problems some have been having with the game, the perfect avatar:

[​IMG]

Calliers likes this.
  3. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

4. IvanV

The new patch (1.05) has rolled out to the PC. The list of fixed mission related issues is impressively long. Testifying to the impressiveness of the list of issues that the game had on launch, I guess, but still, 10 days later, looks like a lot has been done.

I feel for one guy that had this issue:
    He said how he had 40 hours in the game (and you meet Dum Dum fairly early) and that that character was following him everywhere. He could shake him off by fast traveling, but the first time he got anywhere near that part of the city, his best friend was there. Says that the NPC has ruined a bunch of missions for him too, he'd want to go for stealth, but Dum Dum would jump the gun and start shooting at the enemies. I alternate between really feeling for the poor sod and finding this hilarious.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  5. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Even in Valhalla, there are instances where my character is paired up with another one or two NPCs. Not be able to control their actions is as annoying as anything I can come to think of offhand. Sometimes, I just wish I could whack them and be done with them! ;)

6. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests

• Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.
    Console-specific

• Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.
    PC-specific

• Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

7. IvanV

Nice! Strange they left that 8MB limit, though, as it was seemingly fairly easy to increase. Apparently, most people won't hit it, but it's not as unattainable as I thought. A player mentioned in a discussion that, having finished the game and almost all of the side missions, his save file managed to get over 6MB, and he wasn't even doing much crafting, although he did upgrade his weapons, so if a "normal" person who enjoyed the side quests, but didn't "abuse" the game in any way, got to over 75% of the theoretical limit, then it's not a great limit. It really seems like they haven't tested it that hard. EDIT: Still, it's good that the patches are coming, and at a good rate. :) It's far from a bad game, especially on anything that's not a PS4 base/Lite model or an Xbox One base model.

8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

A class-action lawsuit has been filed against CD Projekt Red for "misleading" Cyberpunk 2077 customers and investors on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PC, and Google Stadia. The lawsuit comes the way of Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, and "seeks to recover damages for CD Projekt investors under the federal securities laws." According to Rosen Law Firm, CD Projekt Red made false and misleading statements about Cyberpunk 2077 before release and failed to disclose salient information, such as the game being "virtually unplayable" on current-gen Xbox and PlayStation systems as a result of the "enormous number of bugs" inflicting these versions of the game.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/c...-xbox-one-series-x-pc-cd-projekt-red-lawsuit/

9. IvanV

Oh, come on! They gave refunds to everyone who wanted them and they already issued a bunch of patches in the two weeks since the game launched fixing, I would say, the bulk of the issues in the game. The performance on the base last gen consoles probably still isn't great, but it's better than on release (plus a boatload of bugs have been squashed) and this is hardly the first game to not hold a steady 30fps on those platforms (including some acclaimed titles).

I can understand how some of the investors may be pissed, though, but investment is speculation.

Besides, the number of cases where people finished and then refunded, or refunded and pirated the game (plus that idiot who got a refund and then got pissed that the game got removed from his PS account) is evidence that the negativity about the game has been seriously overblown.

The discussions about this game that I've seen and participated in used to revolve about how the game ran on what PC and angry PS4 players complaining and going after everyone who mentioned enjoying the title, but for the last several days, it turned into suggesting good side missions, sharing photo mode pics, discussing in game romance opportunities... as it should. There has also been talk about that save issue, but none that I "know" got affected and the devs patched it mere days after it surfaced.

This lawsuit looks like vultures circling above a wounded animal, hoping for a free meal.

10. center_table

center_table Member

Thank you for this.

11. SyzygySystems

SyzygySystems New Member

Guys, Is cyberpunk really worth it to play? because I've heard some news that it has so many bugs that makes the game weird. Just your opinion/experience will do.

12. IvanV

Hi, I only saw this now. I have a little over 35h in the game and, so far so good as far as bugs go. There wasn't a single instance for me where a mission (either a main one, a side one or a gig) was broken, but there are tons of small bugs and glitches (at least I'm noticing them more, because for the most part of my playthrough so far, I've only noticed a small handful of visual glitches, but for the last few hours, I've been noticing them a lot more).

The big question is, though, what platform are you on? If you have a base PS4 or Xbox One, then you may want to steer clear. I know some people have played it on PS4 basic or Slim and liked it, but you do need to be tolerant of lower performance and resolution and I don't dare recommend the game for those systems. For anything more powerful (PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, PS5, Xbox Series S and X), as well as the PC, it has my thumbs up.

Now, a little more about the bugs: occasionally, you may notice things like small objects floating in mid-air, clipping etc. These are usually small and might get unnoticed, although from time to time you might get things like seeing an NPC walk through a closed door and then having the door open for you (that one made me laugh) or driving behind a couple of vehicles and then having those vehicles, but not their passengers, become invisible (and then a second later, the passengers went poof too), but those are rare. You might also get HUD glitches, like loot not getting highlighted or crosshair of a weapon staying on screen after you've holstered it. Those don't happen too often, but I have encountered them. Usually, those bugs go away on their own after a bit, or you can save and load and they'll be gone. Also, occasionally you may see a piece of loot and not be able to pick it up (something CDPR is famous for, as it plagued their other games too), although I'm seeing that less and less lately.

On the whole, if small things annoy you, then yeah, this game is buggy, but if you don't mind as long as it's not too obvious and doesn't affect how you intend to play a mission, then you'll be fine and it's actually a good game.

BTW, related to this being a good game, it depends on your expectations. I expected something akin to Deus Ex HR or MD and I got that. People say that it's not deep enough as an RPG, and it certainly isn't the deepest RPG experience out there, but you can build a vastly different set of skills as you progress and play the game very differently based on that. Also, not all, but some of the choices you make do have consequences, regarding either the current mission or future missions (which may or may not appear based on what you did in a previous one). Even ending options may or may not be available once you get there, based on the fact that you did or did not do a full particular side quest storyline. As for other things, shooting is IMO decent, hacking is okay (I'm not into it, people who are do seem to be having fun and it opens up a whole different approach to infiltrating and dealing with conflicts), driving is ridiculous (vehicles behave awfully), but hey, it's there, it works, I haven't used fast travel once so far because I like going around the map, so it can't be that bad.

Very importantly, this game doesn't force you to do many side quests, but it's been a while since I touched the main story now, because they are simply quite interesting and involving. Therefore, you may finish it in around 20 hours if you just rush the main story like some of the reviewers did, or you can put 100-150h into a playthrough like I know many people do, because there is a lot of content and it's actually good and when people wonder where did 4-5 years of development go, I think it was into the making of the city and all of the little side missions and gigs.

Lastly, a major update (v1.1) should be out in a matter of days. It's not supposed to change anything mechanically, but it should fix a lot of bugs. :)

13. IvanV

Patch 1.1 is out. Once again, around a dozen issues that could mess up certain missions have been fixed, but this time we apparently also get some memory management improvements, as well as a handful of other fixes and tweaks. Nothing too ground breaking, but things do seem to be moving in the right direction. Full release notes here.

14. IvanV

Apparently, the latest patch breaks one of the main missions - link. I expect them to fix this soon, but for now, if you haven't got past that mission, you might want to stay on 1.06.

15. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Fortunately, there is a way around this, but it requires you to load an earlier save. Here’s the steps to fix it:

1. Load a save file that takes place before Takemura and V depart Wakaso’s office
    2. Finish the conversation with Takemura outside the office right away
    3. Skip 23 hours as soon as the conversation is finished and the quest updated.
    4. This should allow the holocall sequence trigger with dialogue.

IvanV likes this.
  16. IvanV

Hotfix 1.11 is out. They fixed the issue mentioned in the previous two posts and also re-enabled "save scumming". Official link

I have to say, some of the visual glitches do give things a bit of a "beta vibe" from time to time, but, other than that, I'm enjoying my playthrough. I did get one bugged side mission (Dream on), where I had to load an auto-save, which the game thankfully makes at the right moment so you don't lose much time if you get into the same situation as I did. It's not really a spoiler, but whatever:
    After entering the secret room, if you explore the roof before checking out the "strange" computer, the "Follow the cables" task may remain unchecked, preventing you from finishing the mission.

17. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Is it possible to roam freely the open world? Do only side missions etc? Or are they and parts of the map locked behind the main campaign?

18. IvanV

The map is accessible almost in its entirety (99,99%). I'm not sure if you need to play Act 1 (the first few hours) for most gigs to unlock, or if they appear more and more as your street cred increases, but yeah, I have available gigs everywhere and could play for tens of hours without touching any main or even side missions. You sometimes get gigs through fixers (they call and offer a job), but you can also go to a question mark on the map and trigger the call yourself - they are all over the place.

The reason why I said "almost" in the first sentence is that I once saw something on the map in the middle of a wasteland and, when I tried to get there, the game kindly asked to move along, nothing to see there, and then teleported me away when I wouldn't comply, but that only happened to me once. Other than that, I was able to find and explore locations on my own and I had a situation where, later, a location I found while free roaming was important to a mission and, having seen the clues, V said he recognized the place, which was not how that mission normally worked, so that's relatively cool.

But! Accessible interiors are few and far between and are usually tied to a mission or a gig (and, like I said, there are lots of those, but it's a big city). Also, AI really is retarded. NPCs drive along predefined paths and are very bad at avoiding any kind of obstacles. As for pedestrians, there are things that scare them and cause them to turn 180° and go back to where they came from. The annoying thing is that they all notice it at pretty much the same spot, so, you'll occasionally see pedestrians coming from the same direction seemingly hitting the same invisible wall and just turning back.

Therefore, if you intend to drive around, listen to the radio and do gigs, you'll have fun (even if vehicles are a little difficult to control). The music is good, the city is interesting and with every gig, you explore a new location (smaller or larger) and get a bit of a backstory for that mission and for the game world. But, if you have expectations such as striking conversations with random people passing by, following them home, exploring megabuildings etc, the world turns into an elaborate, animated backdrop and you may be disappointed.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    Trusteft likes this.
  19. IvanV

Hmm, you asked about the side missions. Those are a little trickier. Side missions (not gigs) are missions tied to important NPCs that you meet in the main missions. Therefore, playing some of the main missions is needed. After that, though, the story arc you have with that character usually runs independently of the main story: the character calls you, asks for help, you oblige, then, possibly after a set number of in game days, there are some further developments etc.

BTW, the side missions you play occasionally actually affect the main story. At least some of the endings are only enabled if you (successfully) finished a certain side mission).

EDIT: There is no lack of side missions, though. This morning, I played a main mission for the first time in days as I had a bunch of things to follow up on with my acquaintances. I stil have a bunch of those open, but it's time to push my own story a little further. :)

Trusteft likes this.
  20. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Without any spoilers, talk me out of buying the game for the PC. Without using lies.
    GOG has a sale on it, not much, but it is a sale.