Daniel Kawakami V5 Updated Drivers for X-FI PCI Windows 10 2004

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by Viggen66, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Viggen66

Viggen66 Member

Dear All,

As always there's always being issues with X-FI drivers under Windows 10, namely 1903 above, well I have picked up latest X-FI drivers and packed them to the Daniel Kawakami V4, and named V5, which I have absolutely no merit on this package only updated X-FI Drivers to latest.

Tried on a Windows 10 2004 and it works everything, namely CMSS, Crystalizer, SVM you name it, wasn't expecting this to work, so I decided to share with you, don't know if I'm violating forum rules, just want to help other users.

https://mega.nz/file/A1oxnJxK#mrsn9QqqcadXHK5qjg75a2t6jCI27YG16qrrMMsRiJw

It works on cards which Daniel has quoted

"Creative SB X-Fi PCI (except Xtreme Audio)"

For others namely Creative SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E, you have to update the drivers included on this package don't know if Creative has launched new drivers, I don't have the Titanium card to test.

My card is X-FI XtremeMusic, and it works perfectly, powerful sound, I guess it will work on all PCI X-FI Cards, there's no real difference between them in what concerns drivers right?

Thanks

2. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I used to use this driver set back in the early days of Windows 10 (lifesaver) but recently the drivers on the Creative website have worked fine for me. I do have an issue with my soundcard becoming a mess of static and noise over time, needing a cycle of audio modes to 'reset' things but my guess is that is hardware related. I am using a XFi Titanium which must be going on 15 years old now.

Still waiting for Creative to release something that would be a decent upgrade over my current card.

3. 395v

395v New Member

Viggen66, thank you for your work but there are lots differences of your packet with Daniel's. First of all you only updated SBFX folder. XFTI has an update too. If you check SBFX folders .data files, Daniel deleted all ctp****v.dat files and in exchange, copied ctp****w.dat files as new ctp****v.dat files. I think he did it because creative does not want ddl and dts work on vista or later OS on some cards. Creative crippled ddl and dts Daniel used xp files to fix it. He used files of drivers own ctp****w.dat files as new ctp****v.dat files. DDL and DTS still need to be activated as Daniel wrote it in his blog. But curious, what would happen if we use dat files from cards own driver CD? Will activation be needed? Try if you have ddl and dts sound system.

If I were you I would delete your upload to avoid internet junkyard. Because it does not use Daniel's method. You even didn't touched Support.cab and AppSetup.exe's...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  4. Lai yunie yanto

Lai yunie yanto New Member

Viggen66 you shoud listen to this guy here...
    He knows what he's been doing.
    I'm already test your driver & his.
    His are making so much difference.

5. 395v

395v New Member

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020