Darksiders - OldBuzzard

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Neshi, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

After I received the code for Darksiders I was shocked at first by the hefty 10gb file I had to download. With my 25gb data limit each month that's not easy. In the end I couldn't control myself and went over the limit (we get internet in 25gb chunks, and have to pay extra for each chunk we use).

I've just finished downloading and played the first half hour. This means I played the intro part where you get introduced to the story, with some very nice cinematics I might add.
    I really had to get used to the gameplay, and had to set down the resolution just one step as well, otherwise I couldn't get smooth gameplay, which is definitely neccesary with this game. You have multiple enemies surrounding you, with the possibility of locking in on one in particular, while you swing your sword to defeat them. The addition of finishing moves is a nice touch.
    It reminded me very much of Prototype. It has somewhat the same chaotic fighting gameplay and the possibility of grabbing cars and hurling them to enemies. It might get more tactical later in the game, but this first half hour I was more or less clicking with my mouse like a lunatic. Boss fights do require serious attention and you will need to figure out their sequences; when to avoid, when to hit, etc.

It definitely grabbed my attention and the storyline is really helping. it's interesting and I want to find out what happened :)
    Will report back when I've played some more. (I won't get into the story, as I don't want to spoil it for potential players)

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I thought you would like this game. It's one that you can just cut loose and go all out. There's a certain mayhem to it somewhat like in "Painkiller". Although, I think "Painkiller" is a bit more mayhem-ish than this one.

3. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

just figured out that the amount of clicks in a short sequence actually defines what kind of attack you make! :)
    Yup, this is a very nice game to just vent your frustration on! Nice after a days hard work

4. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

SWEEEEEETTT!!

Glad to see that you having fun with it, and that it didn't go to waste.

5. -Mr.Fridge

-Mr.Fridge DriverHeaven's Fridge

Well my experience with it was a little more boring than yours...
    I find the game incredibly linear with the same moves each time.
    I like the upgradfe system and the story, though sometimes it's easy to lose track of it.
    the graphics is really boring though you cannot expect much from a console-oriented game...
    This game reminds me very much of God of War...

Any way, i've stopped playing it quite long ago int he middle of the story.
    But, I'm exquisingly happy to find you are happy with the game, at least you enjoy it :)