Data Governance?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Lunete Ainsworth, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Lunete Ainsworth

Lunete Ainsworth New Member

I will attend a summit abroad about data governance. Problem is I have a limited background with I.T. I’m actually an internal auditor. The story behind this, a colleague of mine who was supposed to attend the summit beg off due to family issues so I was the one sent in her behalf no other personnel is available. To prepare myself I have been reading about data governance but it seems a bit complicated. So here are my questions: 1) Is it applicable to every industry? 2) Is it expensive? 3) Names of (data governance) service providers that you know. I will wait for your answers summit will be on 27-29 July 2016. Thank you guys in advance!

2. Sondra Draper

Sondra Draper Member

Well, that's a great! By the way, Sorry but I'm not equipped with ideas about data governance, but based on the article I have read. It helps ensures that data is safe and process meets a certain standard or rules. For some important reasons, almost all industries are looking up to it for a better system performance.

Lunete Ainsworth likes this.
  3. Lunete Ainsworth

Lunete Ainsworth New Member

Hello. Sorry for only getting back to you now.
    Everything went alright and after some discussion, my boss decided to get some help from Ghostery to help with our data governance.
    Thanks for posting by the way.