DC + 7600GT Prob!

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by Cupillac, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Cupillac

Cupillac New Member

WOW! Now I really need some help!

I decided to reinstall the previous drivers and now I'm getting a no signal detected on my monitor.
    I unistalled the drivers, then used drivercleaner to to clean (in safe mode) then I installed the drivers, but upon restart as its about to boot into windows my monitor sends that message and the screen goes black, but my computer is still running.

I can restart into safe mode fine, but can't login into windows normally! Damn! lol

NOTE* I currently have this thread posted in Windows Vista forum because I was haing poor frame rates in Source games with Vista.

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

What filter or filters did you use?

Have you already treid uninstalling the drivcer in safe mode and then installing the newest driver? that 101.41 beta driver?

Can you send me the log file from the Driver Cleaner log folder? Send that to info@drivercleaner.net then i can see more.

3. Cupillac

Cupillac New Member

Hey Spike!

I unistalled the driver in safe mode, ran Driver Cleaner, selected filter "nvidia" it said it was clean, restarted, then installed the driver and it said restart, did that but then when it was about to boot into windows, thats when I lost the signal to the computer.

I did a restore point so the cleaner log is gone.

4. Spike

Ok to bad from that log that could help me, but i will look into it and check some driver files and compare that to my filter.

5. Cupillac

Cupillac New Member

Just thought I would post back because once again I am having the same troubles but without drivercleaner.

I downloaded that latest Nvidia drivers, May 2nd release, I followed their steps for installing on Vista.
    First off I double clicked the install file, it asked me to continue with unistalling the previous drivers and after that was completed it would automatically restart and install the new drivers. In successfully unistalled the old ones, then restarted, but when it is about to boot into windows I lose the input to my monitor, but I can hear windows logon through my speakers. I then have to reboot and go into safe mode a do a restore point to get back to windows.

Any suggestions? I would really like to update to the latest drivers.

Thanks

6. Spike

Can you see what the monitor light does? does it stay on or does it change color? like from green to orange?

Have you also tried going to safe mode and changing the resolution and refresh rate?

7. Cupillac

Cupillac New Member

Hey Spike,

Yes my monitor goes from a green light to orange. I could go into Safe Mode, but the latest drivers havent even been installed yet, so I dont think there is a resolution to change.

8. Spike

When the light goes from green to orange that means that the resolution or the refresh rate used is not supported by your monitor. Is it possible to try connection a different monitor? Or try connecting the monitor on the other connector on the videocard.

9. Cupillac

Cupillac New Member

Yes, I have tried with another monitor, it had the same result.
    I will try the other monitor connection to the video card.

Thanks, I'll let you know.