DC stuffs re-install of ATi

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner Platinum Edition Support' started by Machpants, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Machpants

Machpants New Member

Hi I recently tried to upgrade my ATi drivers to this months drivers. I booted into safe and run DC, however when I re-started and tried to install the ATi drivers I get a 'failed to find .inf file' error. A quick Google revealed this is often caused by a driver cleaning error, is this the case? So I un-installed, re-downloaded and re-installed DC and tried again (after recovering HDD from a back up) and the same thing happened. So why is this happening? IF this IS a DC error that peeves me a bit... ...However I also noted that DC DIDN'T un-install the drivers fully, there was still an ATi folder in the program files and CCC &; MOM were still running as processes. I am really annoyed cos I paid money so I don't have crap left over every month of driver updates. What is the deal.... My reg email is scott[AT]martinborough[DOT]co[DOT]nz

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

did you uninstall the drivers first through add/remove before running dc? Because if you uninstall those first then the processes shouldn't be there anymore.

3. Machpants

Machpants New Member

Yeah I did, maybe the uninstall failed and that caused the problems?

4. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Yeah i think that could be it then, because normally after you uninstall the drivers then those processes can't be running anymore. No idea why the uninstaller would fail.