Death Stranding Director’s Cut’s New Racing Mode Warrants Another Playthrough

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Death Stranding is an unusual game, but when it comes to Hideo Kojima’s creations that’s always a good thing. Pejoratively called a “delivery simulator,” Death Stranding benefits from a stellar cast: Norman Reedus, Lea Seydoux, Mads Mikkelsen, Troy Baker, Guillermo del Toro, Lindsay Wagner, and Tommie Earl Jenkins.

Following the trend of Director’s Cut or Complete Edition releases, the game is getting its own Director’s Cut version this week, which brings quite a few changes that we believe warrant another playthrough in case you’ve already finished the game.

The highlight of the new Director’s Cut edition is the racing mode, which unlocks immediately after building a race track. Once that’s done, you’ll receive a Roadster, vehicle specifically designed for racing and less for delivery tours.

Keep in mind that the race track will give you access to several different courses and a few ranked races. Also, to be able to build the Roadster anywhere, simply enter any race with the new vehicle.

The racetrack can be built from the Racetrack Terminal to the south of the Timefall Farm and requires the following materials: 650 chiral crystals, 2240 metal, and 1960 ceramics. However, you won’t be able to complete the mission that unlocks the racetrack until you reach Chapter 3: Fragile. The good news is you’ll be able to skip quite a few steps if you just import your save from the PS4 version to Director’s Cut on PS5, assuming you already finished certain quests from Chapter 3.

Once you receive an email from Thomas Sutherland with the subject line “Come Roar Around the Racetrack of Your Dreams!”, you can head to the Racetrack Terminal and built it if you have the required materials.

You’ll be able to start racing immediately in Time Trials in various vehicles without actually having to own any of these vehicles. Just make sure to play at least one of them in Ranked mode to unlock the Roadster.

Although you’ll never race against real players on the track, you will be racing against their times. It’s a great way to spice things up a bit since Death Stranding tends to be a rather bleak experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

This looks pretty cool but not sure if I would do another play through just for this. I played Death Stranding over the Autumn of 2020 and really enjoyed it - was in that world for hundreds of hours and eventually completed every aspect on Steam for 100% I retired to my own personal lvl3 shelter on the cliffs overlooking the ocean, which is where my avatar currently rests and likely will stay for the rest of digital time.

Calliers likes this.