Deathloop

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by IvanV, Oct 4, 2022.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Has anyone played it? I see that the game is in this month's Humble Choice, meaning that it can be had for some $12 (together with a handful of other games!) and I am tempted.

I remember being kind of hyped for it, but I also learnt that it wasn't what I originally thought. The way I first understood was that you had several targets you needed to figure out how to eliminate in a single day and if you failed, the day repeated itself, so I thought that it would be kind of a sandboxy thing where you explored the maps until you figured out a good way to approach each of your targets, but in the meantime I found out that it was actually not a sandbox game and that it was quite mission driven (normally not a problem, but not what I geared myself for).

Still, could be fun, so, has anyone played it? :)

Mr Cairo likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Trophy Hunter Staff Member

Nope. And it doesn't quite appeal to me. But if you do get it I hope it knocks your socks off.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  3. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

I played it and managed maybe 8 or 10 deaths before giving up on it, Like you I thought it was run around and figure best way to kill everyone in under 24 hours but half the time I had no clue where I was going or what I was doing when I got there it was just frustrating.

Personally I Think it suffered from being too open world there were times when I was just wandering around the environment wondering what the hell comes next. I think a clearer plan of objectives and a more involved plot, Not do what you want how you want, would fix it.

Sad thing is I liked the whole Dishonoured look and feel of it but that just didn't pan out it just didn't grab me

IvanV likes this.
  4. Calliers

So @IvanV what are your impressions?

5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I actually haven't gotten it. :D I was kind of dissuaded by the mixed impressions all around and thought that I should go and play Hitman since I already own it. It's getting hard to get myself to play anything new.

Calliers likes this.
  6. Calliers

I felt like that the last few years of game releases but now with games like Tekken 8, Street Fighter 6, NFS Unbound, CoD MW2 and a few games already out like KoF 15, as well as some older gems like the Life is Strange Series and Tell Me Why I have been reinvigorated. Also I still have a few indies such as Gris and Journey to name a few that I have yet on the back burner. So hooray for me, gaming is fun again! (And not to mention I started playing League of Legends again after 8 years)

So many games to play, so little time. :D

Mr Cairo and IvanV like this.
  7. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

Cannot recommend Journey enough, also if you can get it the Unfinished Swan is worth a play.

Calliers likes this.
  8. Calliers

Thanks for that recommendation!

I also have the game Flower which is by the same folks who did Journey which a friend recommended highly.