Demonoid back online... your thoughts...?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by GigaWatt, Dec 15, 2009.

1. GigaWatt

GigaWatt Now In Color :D

demonoid is back online... for anyone who is not familiar with the site, here is the link: edited.

your thoughts...?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009
  2. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

Re: Demonoid.com back online... your thoughts...?

The RIAA AND MPAA Implanted Spies in their organization. Prepare to be boarded.

3. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

You're free to discuss demonoid, but please don't post direct links, anyone who wishes to find the site I'm sure they can.

Thanks

Craig

4. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

I don't understand why the don't those sites transfer their headquarters to any country that doesn't give a damn about copyrights like Russia , Bulgaria , Egypt ...etc.

5. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

Me either, i also really wish the huge corporations such as the RIAA and MPAA get screwed by a country one time that doesn't care about their music. or Movies.

I'm all against any form of commercial piracy, or making money in anyway off of piracy. But I've seen many legit uses for torrents and torrent sites.

6. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Diggnation that are part of the Revision3 site that make loads of videos for different sites use torrents as their main method of distribution. They were going to take the RIAA or someone to court because they used a DDoS Attack to stop them distributing via torrent, Which in turn brought brought down about half of the revision3 network (that are perfectly legit) Fn tards.

To be honest i like Demonoid it's a good site.
    If the papers and the news didn't ham it up nobody would even know that this was happening, I've actually got a magazine in front of me here that's urging people to use torrents for legit purposes because they've been branded as a "Dark Art" by all the media, Just like young people like myself have been branded as knife carrying, drug taking twats.

7. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Demonoid must be run by a pack of retards. The downtime was ridiculously long and I doubt any precautions were made to prevent it from happening again. That said, I'm very happy to have it back because Demonoid is where I download comic books from every Wed and Thursday.

8. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

Those countries tend to be lacking in the proper infrastructure to host big sites.

9. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Maybe they are less advanced but those kind of sites won't face prosecution .

10. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Can't say I missed it.

11. GigaWatt

GigaWatt Now In Color :D

even if this is true, they can't prosecute every single member of the site... besides, even if they track IPs, nobody can prove which person is behind the PC while downloading illegal/copyrighted material... maybe the will shut down the site permanently, but nothing more than that... the users will not be prosecuted

it's probably one of the reasons, but not the only one... torrents.ru is pretty big site... now, i have no idea if the servers are located in Russia, but if they were located in a country that prohibits the use of P2P networks as a way of sharing media (or any other kind of data), my guess is that torrents.ru would have been gone a long time ago... hence, the servers are in some country which is has nothing against P2P sharing... as far as i've noticed, there is no problem with the access, trackers or the overall stability of torrents.ru, which leads me to believe that the servers are stable and fast...

(craig, sorry for posting the address of the site, but there just wasn't any other way to explain which torrent site i was referring to, there are so many...)

as far as i know, the site is being run by people who have day jobs, which explains why it took such a long time to get the site up and running again... and about the precautions, i don't think that there are any either, but i'm also glad it's back... ;)

12. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

nice to have it back again.

13. BabylenTatarsky

BabylenTatarsky Rocks Your Socks

Yeah, always good to have a high-content well-known tracker to fall back on when one of the numerous (and infinitely better) super private trackers either come up with nothing, or are down - or you don't wanna mess your ratio downloading crap for your parents. :lol:

14. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

I'm getting pretty hungry for some Waffles right about now.

15. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

just move HQ to Norway like Piratebay.. they laugh in the face of the RIAA and whatnot..

16. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

I didn't know it was down. :p

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I didn't know it existed.......