Destiny - The Taken King - April 12th Update

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Calliers, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Well, the patch has finally dropped and I have indeed spent some time in the new end game domain, the Prison of Elders revamped. And it is as sweet as I had hoped for, it is really easy to get 315-320 light gear and although it is really hard to get 335 light gear from the Prison of Elders, there are other places you can get it like Trials of Osiris and Nightfall strikes. It is now possible to get end game gear almost anywhere in the game, instead of having to play a raid and spend hours grinding for end game loot. It's a beautiful change to the game we needed badly.

And to top it off I got a new ship today, the only ship you can get from the Crucible playlist (a very rare ship) which is too sweet.

Right now my Hunter is my favourite guardian at 308 Light, followed by my Titan at 299 Light and my Warlock at 301 Light.

2. Calliers

Ladies and gentlemen, I have been wanting one for forever, and I have got one many a time at low light, and no other decent sniper rifle to infuse it with, but today I got a 1000 Yard Stare Sniper Rifle at 313 attack and I am really stoked about it.

I also got a nice shotgun bringing my Titan's light to 301. Life is good lol.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  3. Calliers

Can't wait for this month's Iron Banner, 310 light here I come. :)

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I decided to check out Destiny: Taken King again as I hadn't really continued with my Titan character. He was at LVL 26 for quite some time. So, when I started it up I got notices that I had some Discarded Missions. That notice wasn't there just a few weeks ago. So, I went to check them out. Essentially, the game had me starting all over again with the very first missions. ??? (FWIW, those missions are pretty easy with a character that is now at LVL 28. :D )

5. Calliers

Yes you have to do the story missions all the way from the beginning with every single character.

I myself can't wait for Rise of Iron.

6. Dyre Straits

The point is, I had ALREADY done these missions initially with this character. That is why I'm puzzled as to why they showed up as Discarded Missions. ???

7. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I read something about that. All completed quests will show up in the Abandoned Quest Kiosk for you to play over again with the ability to play them on Hard. I don't know if there's a level requirement for this to trigger, or if it's a Light requirement.

Anyways, it could be that you've met a requirement for this to occur, and even though it's not saying it in plain Engrish, that now you can play them over again.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  8. Dyre Straits

Well, while it doesn't make any sense, I guess to some minds, it just might. ;)

9. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

<sigh> What is with Destiny and network connections?

I had been getting the odd disconnect from Destiny... once.. maybe twice, but it's getting worse now. Last night put me on the path to fix the issue because it happened again literally right at the end of a hard-fought mission, again, and a pattern is forming here.

My ISP is fine. My setup is fine. I have UPNP enabled. I have DMZ on for my PS4 (not needed if I have UPNP on, but what the hell). I even hooked it up via ethernet as someone suggested that the PS4's wireless nic was rather old (maybe not the hardware, but the software.. dunno). Yet still I'm getting disconnected. And it's ALWAYS right at the end of finishing up a mission. Sure enough it happened again tonight. I'm soloing a Daily Heroic mission to the "Vault of Glass", died the first time, but the second time I had nailed it (found a spot I could hunt from). Right after killing the named captain, which would trigger the end of the mission... poof! I got the "you have lost connection to the gaming world". F**K! What else do I have to do? Sacrifice a bucket of KFC or something?

10. Calliers

You know, strangely enough a lot of people have been complaining about network issues. And I play with my PS4 on wireless and have no problems most of the time, but at peak times I can disconnect every couple of hours too.

11. techster101

techster101 New Member

I have been having the same issue with the connection. If anyone has a solution I would love to hear it. I have stopped playing because of this problem.

12. Dyre Straits

Since switching from Comcast to AT&T, my son has complained about the total crap connection situation. He likes to play a game, Clash Royale, on his iPhone. And, as he tells me, he gets disconnected at the worst possible moment just as he's about to win a hand/game, or whatever the end result is.

I've worked on trying to stabilize our WiFi and, per AT&T help, it says to try changing the WiFi channel to one that isn't overly crowded with other devices. I've done that a couple of times with no lasting benefit.

But, the last bit of advice I was given seems to ... hopefully! ... made things work better. I was told to DISABLE IPV6 on the modem/router.

See if that helps with any of your problems as well. I'm sure it would likely make a difference whether Wired or WiFi.