DH Article: Farcry Patch 1.2 Performance And IQ investigation

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Stuart_Davidson, Jul 5, 2004.

1. ToP3koms

ToP3koms Respect Human Rights

I just can not believe CryTek and ATI could not get together on this issue,how long have they been working on this patch ? and there just gonna let it out like this ? If it does affect all radeon users just think how many gamers they will have alienated with their patch.I'm just amazed that they would even release this patch given the obvious issues it has,what nobody at CryTek even has an ATI card or something? What a joke
    :mad:

2. Bart1987

Bart1987 New Member

I hope to hear those results soon.

3. dipstick

dipstick New Member

Damn, ATi needs pay developers like nVidia does. They are making the big $$$ now supposedly so why are they not sending some X800 boards their way? I think some of the blame for this goes to ATi too..

4. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

Crytek have X800 boards.

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

its a little more complex than that.

6. HardwareHeaven

looks like its a X800 specific problem... the 9800XT is fine with the patch. certainly has been in my testing for the last hour.

7. Bart1987

Bart1987 New Member

That's good news for ati users who don't have an X800 card, like me :D

8. dipstick

dipstick New Member

I'm sure it is but ATi needs to jump in the game. It's always ATi that gets the short end of the stick. Not sure why but its definitely true from what I've seen in the last few years. I will give nVIdia credit though, they push their cards/features right down everyones throat. ATi needs to do the same

9. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

I've just finished speaking to Crytek, they will be releasing a build of patch 1.2 today which does not cause issues on the X800 . The flower issue may not be fixed though.

10. ToP3koms

ToP3koms Respect Human Rights

I have to agree with what dipstick is saying ,ATI should stop taking all the hits and show a little might of their own.I can tell you if Doom 3 comes out and has issues with my X800XT and ATI's drivers and we have to wait for a driver update I'll be seriously considering e-baying it and going Nvidia.The game has been in development for so long there should be no excuses.

On the other hand it's good to hear that CryTek will be offering an X800 friendly patch as well.

11. chronicidal

chronicidal Guest

For some reason all you articles like these don't load the results for me. It's flash right? Well I went to the flash site and it worked fine there. Is there some setting I need to change? Because all I see where the flash should be is a big black empty box.

12. Rancho*

Rancho* Warp2Search

Somehow I doubt that Crytek will release the patch today 5th July. Right now it's about 8:45PM here in Germany and I would not expect the guys to work overtime. Keep in mind that also Ubisoft needs to upload it to it's servers.

My 2ct: It's getting delayed.

13. HardwareHeaven

no idea, its just flash....... happens to some people with sigs on this site too.....

try deinstalling flash and reinstalling.

14. ronnn

ronnn New Member

I think Crytek are doing a good job of trying to use all the features of new cards. They really want their engine to sell. When I buy a new system this winter - the vid card choice should be interesting - if yields improve. In Canada the only new card I see for sale is the x800pro at inflated prices. I am still holding out hope for a pci express quiet version of the x800xt at a realistic price, but at this rate the next gen will be released before anything is available. :confused:

15. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

I'm very impressed with your articles guys. The flash chart is amazing !! Great job !! :D

16. chronicidal

chronicidal Guest

I tried deleting the flash.ocx and swflash.ocx files and reinstalling. I also deleted the registry dword about some compatibility thing. It still won't work. The flash just says that it's not loaded yet.

17. HardwareHeaven

sorry ive honestly no idea, ive tried it on around 6 different computers even three on other ISPs and its fine. its just flash, unless something is blocking it from loading on your end.

18. kelston

kelston Active Member

Personally, as much as I enjoy ATi cards and such, I really don't want to see ATi branded products. Frankly, it pisses me off to see nVidia branded products or Intel branded products. Game devs should be targetting all gamers equally, not all gamers but nVidia people more or Intel people more.

Couple that with the fact that ATi really got seriously burned by Valve after paying a hell of a lot for HL2, I can see why ATi doesn't want to get into that. Let's them keep some "street cred".

19. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

look like they added w buffer under watter and some other nvidia inveneted ati not supported... must of put tht on the wrong card specific path lol

nvida has to get something for thier countless millions they poured into cryotek

i'd be interested in seeing 1.1 vs 1.2 patch useing only PS 1.1 to see the performace diff...

I'd also like to see a 6800 device id used on the x800

20. chronicidal

chronicidal Guest

Alright well thanks anyways. I got it to work in Firefox, but not MyIE2 or regular IE. So I guess I'm going to use firefox whenever I come to this site. :)