DH Article: Farcry Patch 1.2 Performance And IQ investigation

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Stuart_Davidson, Jul 5, 2004.

1. dipstick

dipstick New Member

2. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

i cant believe how much hype this 1.2 patch is getting,i even started getting hyped myself.now the patch is not coming out today.i am dissapointed.

3. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

Yeah.. its Bull$H!T that all those sites reported it coming out today and we got ziltch!

[​IMG]

4. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

so just as i thought.... the patch were not coming ontime.but still great article anyway.

5. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

Maybe they decided to delay and fix the flower bug...

6. f0rbez

f0rbez New Member

theyre probably enjoying all this hype. by the time they release it, everyone will have forgotten about fc.

7. Rancho*

Rancho* Warp2Search

Well, if they did why didn't they tell you so, but reassured you that they would release the 1.2 update on June 5th?

No offense meant Veridian3! :sigh: Maybe some of the folks at Ubi and Crytek should get some lessons in public relations management.

Pay a visit to the official FC forums and you will see what I mean. Locked threads all over the place. A simple informative post on the front page could have prevented that. After all making the patch reviews "PREVIEWS" without any date mentioned would have helped the most.

I heard the patch came via Nvidia to the sites? Is that correct?

8. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

im not defending crytek but they did post about the delay on the front page http://www.farcry.ubi.com/ and its been up there since yesterday.

"Patch 1.2 is in its final stage of production: a nasty scoreboard bug and a CDkey security issue remain to be fixed, but otherwise a huge list of improvement/fixes have been implemented and tested successfully.
    We’re now localizing all the readme files, and the final candidate will be tested extensively later this week to make sure it is really solid - we don’t want to rush in the last few days after such a long development time.

Thanks for your patience,
    Matthieu Boulard – Far Cry UbiSoft Producer

For more information on the Far Cry 1.2 patch, including the current changelog, check out this post on the Far Cry forums.

In addition to the improvements mentioned in the updated changelog, the 1.2 patch will enable much-anticipated Shader Model 3.0 support for NVIDIA's new GeForce 6-series cards. Leveraging Microsoft's DirectX 9.0c, SM 3.0 support will enable gamers with supported hardware to achieve unprecedented levels of realism in their Far Cry experience. "

9. Rancho*

Rancho* Warp2Search

Yes Allan, but that post is from Tuesday 06.29.2004.

10. HardwareHeaven

Guess I better learn how to read the date eh ? :rofl:

11. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

:rofl:

12. Helios_D

Helios_D Banned

See, this was exactly my point. The author of the DH article and all those fan-boyish types cried foul and started using those emotionally-charged words adn throwing them around. What for? It just makes you look foolish and like PR puppets.

Against speculations, Zardon has proven that the issue is only with X800 series--and even that is getting fixed.

Embarrassed, now?

Those who are incensed over nothing (including the author who probably influenced teh fanboys with his influential status here at DH) should just chill, relax, and grab a can of beer. :D

13. HardwareHeaven

Its getting fixed because we reported it with some other people.

Stuart or myself are hardly PR puppets - we are here to find out the truth to these matters and also to find out how things can be improved, that is the whole point of these articles, certain sites wont post this stuff because nvidia will use strong arm tactics and censor opinions.

If we find issues we report them then they get fixed - which has been proven in this case - we will work with any company who works with us, and full marks to crytek for addressing this issue and talking to us in email to get this resolved.

People seem to comment on these things with a certain air of "smugness" as if they are aware of all the facts, trust me you arent.

14. Dom

Dom New Member

It's the old age...

15. HardwareHeaven

and this just proves my point also, your hatred for stuart - "sjae" "optimmimind", along with your other alaises on "other forums" always catches up with you doesnt it? next time use a proxy (if you still cant work it out email me) it makes our work more challenging.

rebanned.

16. HardwareHeaven

please guys, let the discussion continue, normal service is resumed :)

17. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

no cheating ? yea mean other then the proven FACT that Far cry detects device ID and runs diffrent paths acordingly meaning it runs quite diffrent acording to "card brand" afftecting not only IQ but frame rate

18. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

I will just be glad when this patch get's released.......and will be over joyous when the expansion pak is released!!:drool:

19. dpagan

dpagan New Member

isn't that the way it's supposed to be, two different company's two different ways of making a gpu= two different paths?+ IQ and frame rate