DH/ATi 10k Competition Did you win anything?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Randomletters, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

I did not, Not overly surprised though.

With over 60,000 entries though I hope someone from DH won something (Active DH members, Most past competiton winnings seemed to go to people who only signed up to DH for the competiton and then left shortly after). So speak up, Let us know what you did/didnt win and how grateful you are.

2. Guyver2K5

Guyver2K5 Don't make me hungry.

Checked the 3 emails i entered with, Nothing lol.
    Good luck to everyone[​IMG]

Hey Zardon, what are the emails labeled as?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  3. Cba - Andy

Cba - Andy Got milk?

End of the day here in UK and havnt got a email so guess my luck is all out sadly but better luck next time to all who entered and didnt win :D

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

thats a negative ghost rider....:)

5. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I got an email!

It turned out to be some Investor scam. Still, it left me feeling lucky.

6. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

I got an email that said something about prize redemtion... I got so excited that I opened it...

and the virus scanner went insane and jumped all over it.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

7. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Wanna hear something wierd, maybe it's happend to you guys.
    I get this credit card from American Financial valued at 5000 dollars
    FOR ALIENWARE!
    I still have it, but it appears just like a scam, you know I used it and boom.
    I called the number they gave me and it seem legit, then this lady wants more information about me to verify my identity. I stopped right there..it seems like a credit card scam to me at that point,
    Have any of you got an Alienware credit care?

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

just noticed, this must be your second post about this subject...
    look man..
    go to 7/11 and buy some scratchers...who knows...you might win some money...
    I never expect to win a damn thing here, if they let me post regulerly then I feel pretty damn lucky already.
    My opinion doesnt mean jack sh*t but just come here and kick the can around and have some fun, Christ, that is what I do..LOL :D

9. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

Im really sorry if my posts on the subject are offending you. I dont feel I deserve a prize for being here, I do feel active members deserve to win more then fly by members. In this thread im curious as to who won something from the competition, I'd rather see the prizes in dh competitions go to dh members thats all.

10. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

thats not how jeff intended it. I dont think he was directing it at you Randomletters

11. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

Im pretty sure he was, he posted the same thing in my other thread in the feedback section.

12. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I am just saying that if I came here for the prize action, well then I wont stick around, I would rather you come here for us and the site then some prize. I always said, if your expectations weren't met or you were disappointed for some reason...well then...re-evaluate your expectations. I would rather read your posts and laugh at your jokes and enjoy your humour then just see you fret over prizes..LOL
    I have been a terribly fortunate man all my life in spite of the really stupid shit I have done and I value that more than anything.
    You know, just coming here and dinging around is quite a precious thing to me, with my character defects I tend to piss off the boss and take a swing at the biggest guy in the bar. Believe me when I tell you this, I value the people that come here all the time and just shoot the shit and have a good time. Contests are great, and keep me entertained, but it isnt why I come here, and I hope it isnt why you do either. No hard feelings man, I just value you coming around kicking up the dust once in awhile thats all.

13. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Yeah I didn't win cause I don't win lol.

14. technonerd

technonerd New Member

This made me love this site even more.:)

15. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Read the reviews...
    I have money to burn now and again, and aside from Consumer Reports or Maximum PC magazine, I enjoy the reviews a great deal, they are by far the most polished, rewarding and insightful reviews you can get. I dont like the way Alienware products look like right? But I really enjoy the reviews about the products, catch my drift? I say, go to other sites thatt offer reviews, etc. and DH's are far more comprehensive and not driven by the advertising, well at least not as much as say TOMSHARDWARE...LOL.
    I go to other sites, but no matter where I am, Kadena Japan, Kuwait, or other places, I always read the latest reviews..and you got to admit, its easier to read the news here than on other sites, and hell it might just get better.
    Zardon has this guy Called Iria or something, and he has him chained to an RSS feed or something..LOL, I mean this guy generates news 24 hours a day.
    And I have made friends here.
    I used to chat with a fellow some time ago that passed away and I miss him a little, because he actually thought I was funny and smart...I mean you cant spend that.
    Its about community...
    I mean I have a life, I have my job and my Dad. I have been through relapses on my drinking and chased crazy women and made a supreme ass out of myself more than once...or maybe twice...ah hell who is counting.....
    anyway...
    I love this place..
    I took an assignment to England to see what our GB DH members have to put up with and why they love it so much.
    I visited Canada to meet some folks I have met on the site. (but they were crazy as hell) LOL.
    I ran into a young lady that used to come here alot in Tacoma Washington, just stopping at a McDonalds...
    you just never know.
    I have got to know a few people including the site owner, just reguler guys like you and I, and I have learned much.
    Stick around, forget about the contests if you dont win, buy a T-shirt ( I hope I hope) and tell your friends about DH.
    Word of mouth, google it, find a driver, shoot the shit or make fun of me...its all good... :w00t:

16. digerati

digerati Everyones life has worth

I only entered once and I didn't get an e-mail. Woulda been nice to head off to college witha 360 though :D

17. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

I never said I came here for the prize action, I've been here for a while too, never won anything but continue to come back, not because im hoping to win something some day but because I value this site and all the things I've learned from it and all the different e-people I've met. No hard feelings here either, I hope I continue to kick up the dust here for quite some time, Now wheres my dam prize.

18. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

:rofl: "e-people"

meh......i had two emails before this competition, but i needed another one that was a bit more "formal" so i made it. and i entered all three emails into this competition. i haven't recieved an email from DH saying "you're the winner of ________ prize!" but, i haven't won any other competitions, so i'm not expecting to win at this one either :p.

19. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I didn't get anything on my email accounts... My bro also signed up, maybe he was luckier? :D

20. mtsaint

mtsaint New Member

im defiinatly here becuase i like this site the prize competitions was something secondary that i only noticed after hanging out a bit. man falstaff you get some pretty intereseting if not skecthy emails, i dont get anything remotely as cool i did get some axia online college yeahbtw how did you recognize that young lady did she have her avatar on a tshirt