DH Battlefield 2 Clan?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Alex, Sep 5, 2005.

1. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

like your friend that owes you (if he hasn't paid you yet) on the one game the other day? :lol:

2. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

Cds, the server may have issues with the new update - I patched it last night but this is done by the hosts remotely and can take upto a couple of hours, unfortunately I forgot to stop the server before making the update request. It should be ok now though.

3. TS_Corwin

TS_Corwin New Member

I actually hope its a bug i went up 4 ranks with 4 kills .. if it was that easy I'd join the millitray and be a retired general ina week :p no crashing and i have to say i really like the new sounds of all the vehicles.. they all sounded blandly the same before

4. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

ok I'm on the server now if anyone wants a game

5. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

Anyone up for getting together this weekend. I have my first weekend off in weeks and I'd like to have a go at killing some of you - and I'm sure the feelings mutual.
    If we're ever going to get this going, we need to play together.
    I want this to work guys, I'm shelling out $80 a month to try and make this happen so come on.

The server needs its profile raising as well so if you have the time, jump on, proctice a little and I guarantee others will join you within 10mins. I had a load of fun last night with non clan members. The reserve list has also been setup so those of you who have their names in the "whos online" list get preference over anyone else.

Remember to add the [DH] tag to your username - you have no excuse now the new patch is out.

6. CDsDontBurn

lol...i gotta figure it out to where i can place the [DH] tags. i haven't been fiddling around w/that :p

7. jasonbourne

jasonbourne New Member

ok im up for it! what time is it going to be??

8. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

Great we have the ball rolling - how about this Sat/Sun about 6-7gmt?

9. CDsDontBurn

that's like 10am-11am for me.....i'll be at work unfortunatley at those times =\.

10. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

Yeah.. I dropped in about an hour ago or so. (Approximately, 8:30 PM EST) and not a soul there. :hmm:

11. CDsDontBurn

apparently, we want to play, nobody is on, but when nobody is playing, everybody else is :hmm:

12. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

I think a lot of it has to do with people not wanting to join empty servers - they want to get straight into a game. So if there is only one or two people on a server and there is another server where there are say 10 people already on, they go to the most populated - I was on our server lastnight for about 30mins and we got 5 people on. Never more than five though so the game never started. Then this morning I realised that the slot reserver that EA have put in the patch is rubbish. I'd set 11 reserved slots for our clan thinking that whenever a clan member joins the server - if its full - it would kick out the lowest scoring player.

It doesn't. Just reserves the number of slots you specify and stops anyone else using those slots before clan members join. They have gone about it totally the wrong way. Looks from the logs like there were plenty people on last night, just no games started.

13. CDsDontBurn

well, imna check out the server for a little bit. If nobody goes in to play, after a few minutes imna go play on a more populated server

14. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

Server is populated now. 14 players in.
    If anyone sees this - 66.235.162.77:16567

15. bstef9950

bstef9950 -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

I know it might be to late but if anyone want's to form a Driver Heaven clan for battlefield2 clan i would like to be in:drool: It's hard to play when you don't know anyone on your team:)

16. CDsDontBurn

read this. hopefully it will answer some of your questions :)

17. No_Style

I played with strangers today and 16 players on a 32 player sized map is no fun for me.

18. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

would you suggest knocking the maps back to 16 players?

I upped the map size to see if it would drum up more interest, which it has as the server is much more active now.

There will be no chance of upping the server to 32 players though, just cant afford that kind of money.

19. No_Style

I would. There's nothing very fun about running around from flag to flag to have it be captured within seconds of you leaving the vicinity. In a way, it's just too much to do for so little people.

On the other hand, lack of aerial vehicle variety hurts people's interest in a server with 16 player map versions. I personally don't mind because the game would force more squad-based tactics. I'd say ask the rest of the DHer's who play, but I haven't seen many on when I checked the server out.

20. CDsDontBurn

i'm going to be playing in a few minutes w/my friend. i won't be in on the server, but you can check out what server i'll be on through my tracker thing