DH Blog: Guns don't kill people games do!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by WhO_KnOwS, Apr 14, 2007.

1. WhO_KnOwS

WhO_KnOwS The Knows Mister

Fear me, oh mortals for I will come after thee, reaping thy lives as I go. No man will be able to stand against my might, as my game skills will allow me to unload lead into you all with just a swift mouse click.

Read the prophecies of gaming related incidents here

2. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

So god damn true, these lawsuits are ridiculous, but the press manges to put a fear in unknowing parents and politicians are exploiting this.

3. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Brilliant!

4. mwalker52

mwalker52 New Member

I think they should immediately take away all the games and send the bored kids out in the streets to play nicely.

5. HolyAvenger

HolyAvenger New Member

Heh, that's what we did when I was a kid (roughly 2 years before the C64 was invented). But alas, we were also reading BOOKS, and they had stories with SWORDS in them. So obviously it was the books that made us build wooden swords and do actual (harmless) fights. These things could *actually* hurt someone. Noone ever suggested burning all books however...at least least not for that reason...

6. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

So true :lol:

I hate people who just go after games as a scapegoat. People just need something to blame their actions on, so they claim that games do it, but that is essentially bullcrap

Were there any video games around in the 1860's/1870's when the Ku Klux Klan formed? Were there any video games around when the Armenian Genocide started? What about any other random period in time when there was an outbreak in violence?

Oh, wait, I forgot. Nobody ever hurt anybody in the 1840's! How could they? There were no such thing as video games!

:bleh:

7. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

And ofc Jack Thompson has been out blaiming video games as the cause to the terrible shooting today (link)

sad :(

8. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

Try eliminating drugs then work on video games.
    some jackass on the phone just blamed the shooting in VA on games. I laughed and said what about cowboys and indians. What does that teach the kids. Hes like well when you are taking your kids at 2-3 and all they see all this killing

I stopped him and asked him... what kind of parent are you to expose your kid to this kind of violence. He hung up after i solved his problem. lol

9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

lol gutterpunk.. good catch!

I think some of the problem are due to the way alot of parents are brining up the kids today as well.

Spoiled and rotten, and when they get older, they'll find whatever means to get there way.

Top it off, alot of parents try to use simple words to stop there kids from doing whatever they were doing, like hell that works.

Another that i've heard is "I lived a hard life, and i don't want my kids going through that" proceeded by doing anything/everything there kids want, whenever they like. Getting a 5 year old a PS3/Xbox360/Wii and every game the kid sees and says i "want" gets it, every toy. Hell there own little mini dirt bike, quad, snowmobile, whatever. And then they are confused why there child grows up as a whiney, clingy, rude, even possibly violent person if something doesn't go thier way, depending on how things went back at home.

Seriously, parents need to physically diseplin there kids, and no i don't mean BEAT as in draw blood and causing major bruising to the point of being possibly life threating. Some searly kicks to the ass, a damn good hard flick to the head, and some serious rump pattling needs to take place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5jlrxcpkI Excellent example

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1m6fg_southparktreatmentforadd another good one

10. ZzzombieBunny

ZzzombieBunny Cake or Death?

Seriously, if your child doesnt understand the difference between playing a game and taking a gun and blowing someones brains out, youve obviously messed up in parenting somewhere. How could someone possibly blame anyone else but the parents?

Parents spoil their children and try censoring them from everything they could possibly consider to corrupt their souls, sex & drugs and evolutionary theory. Obviously the kids get exposed to these things at some point, only difference from a normal thinking person is that they no fucking knowledge or experience of these things because their parents never friggin told em about it. How about sitting down with your kid and explain to them the difference between life and death and that your actions have consequences.

Sex is fucking awesome, but you shouldnt be doing it untill your mature enough to understand why your doing it and not doing it for the wrong reasons (you know like prostition or social pressure or emotional acceptance from jackass horny boyfriend). Give your kids condoms and show them how they work, I dont care if you raised your kid to be Jesus Christ, hes going to be fucking around when he hits puberty and get someone pregnant or catch herpes. Sex is normal, we wouldnt be on this planet if it wasnt. If you tell im god will hate him for having sex, hes going to go out and have sex and then feel shitty and start doing drugs. We tell our kids not to have sex like its some holy virtue that rewards + points for the afterlife and expect them to simply shut down millions of years of evolution by willpower.

Im not suprised people go on mad gunshooting rampages once in a while. We raise our kids to be idiots, they are going to act like *shocker* idiots!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  11. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

Seriously though, if a 14 year old kid can just grab a gun and shoot someone... the parents should be at blame. holy crap they are idiots... the same thing would have happened with those 2 kids if one took the football from the other... it was bound to happen and it wasn't because of the game... they were fighting over a fucking physical fucking object. blegh

12. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

dude I playing games, etc... since the birth of PC gaming and you know what?
    ubber violent games like postal 2, grand theft auto, manhunt! stuff like that...
    I've never even been arrested my hole life thus far. Its never made me do anything!
    other then waste many hours my time to play them...and money!

As for couseing stuff It's about as believable as god made me do it, or the aleans
    aliensfrom area 51 made me do it, etc... It all part of the no no , it couldn't be my
    fault. I wishpeople would just own the F up and move on.

It no worse then you see on TV any day of the week! parent need to STFU they should
    1) stop buying them the games if they have a problem with them
    2) stop letting them play said games
    3) actaully give a s- what thier child does
    4) actually take intest in the child lives
    5) stop blaming thier faults and poor parenting on the games, when they failed horrably as parents
    and then suposed to be totally shocked when thier kids are on the the news. If they gave a F in the
    first place, and took more interest in the childs lives they would know better.

I mean come on, if you kid was buying knifes and guns, haveing posters of swaticas and nazi poster
    on the walls, shaveds thier head, wear only cammo, then end up on the but end of a hate crime
    the parent is shocked, no warning signs they seen must be video games... WTF are they blind?
    at what point did they miss the warnings? when they where to busy not paying attention to thier
    kids and not careing...scape goating games is not cool....

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007