DH Editorial: A look at nVida's new Forceware

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, May 24, 2006.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

most strange, can you email me a DXlog file? id like to see the exact setup you have to see if I can reproduce it.

2. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

is there a trick to enabling the new CP?, cause still got the old one, fresh reformat , MB drivers, automatic updates , DX 9c April, then these new beta's in the x64 flavor, in that order, is there something im doin wrong?

btw...this card i got from BWX is a BEAST! 500 core 1500 memory :eek: :w00t:

3. BWX

BWX get out and ride

WOW.. awesome! Not sure about x64 version... hmmm...

4. bug77

bug77 New Member

I got that. What I was trying to say is that everyone writing a registry editing UI gets it better than ATI. Remeber the days when a guy wrote a better driver for Rage3D cards (I think) than ATI and he didn't even have the specs? It's deja-vu for me. [​IMG]

Anyway, after trying the new forceware, I can say I'm not impressed with the new UI. It's nice that you can preview the 3D changes' effect, but it's annoying that you have to go through two separate windows to do it. Also the nTune integration is nice (for whoever uses it). But since I never liked Windows Explorer style navigation, I'm not a big fan of this UI either. Like somebody has already said, more actions to achieve the same thing; not a good thing for a UI.
    Overall it's a nice UI, maybe perfect for those who like this style.

5. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

For what I've read the x64 edition does not have the new control panel. The package also seems way too small for it to be included.

6. LeanWolf

LeanWolf alpha male

Excellent editorial. Will definately be in my thoughts concerning that new rig...

7. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

i see, i pluggeg around a bit to see about the x64 version(not to much as its been really nice out side here) but didnt see much, should have just compared the sizes, wander if i can import it from the 32 bit unpacK? prolly not though, thanks

8. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Awesome editorial Allan, thank you, and very informative.

Man, this Control Panel App is great - it allows someone like myself who is looking for the utmost in accuracy from his or her display to be led through adjustments that would easily allow even a novice with two good eyes to set up their monitor to near professional results - which normally requires additional and/or crippled software at present.

One problem though, I don't use Nvidia graphics cards... :sigh:

C'mon ATI - you could do this too, please?

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  9. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

looks much nicer then the old .NET version ;)

And the CCC always struck me as a concetrated scope type CP...if you didn't use the machine strictly for gaming...it was useless...and even for gaming it was goofy at best. The "Voodoo PC" of control panels: huge, over priced [resource wise], glorious in it's decorativeness, and yet no more functional then anything else. THis though is something gamers, graphic artists, and daily users alike can get something out of