DH & GH Competition: Win a Zotac 8800GTX AMP! Edition

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OpusP.Gladiator

OpusP.Gladiator '42'

Ahh dang just missed bein #100

My Dog pee'd on my Step-son's Computer and now I am responsible and have to buy him a new system since it was 'Fried' (and not like green tomatoes) When all he had to do was keep his door to his room closed!
    I really am in dire straits about needing a new high end pre overclocked Zotac 8800 GTX!!! I promise I'll give him my card with his new system so he can play Guildwars And I will be able to keep up with my Fiance's 8800gts in UT3...
    I could go on and on but then you said to keep it funny...

Many thanks to DH/GH and Zotac for running such a great competition which will surely be the biggest one yet!:eek:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  2. Frank_G

Frank_G New Member

I need this card so I can play any game I want to on my monitor at full resolution of 1920 x 1200 especially UT3 Demo!!!!!

3. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

I need to win this card because its look is DEADLY,the cooling is SILENT, the performance is UNSTOPPABLE,and the extra bump that gives you in NFS Pro Street is UNMEASURABLE!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  4. jjcoolkl

jjcoolkl New Member

Would you kindly give me this card to play Bioshock, The Orange Box and Crysis in their full glory? With my current card I don't find Companion Cube very attractive.

5. thain1982

thain1982 New Member

I need this card because I am a poor gamer. I have been needing to upgrade for a long time now (I'm running an AGP GeForce 6600), but have put it off because I couldn't afford to buy a new motherboard (for PCI-E and a new socket type), a new processor (either switching to Intel Core2 or upgrading to AMD's Socket AM2), AND a new video card (PCI-E).

If I could get this awesome of a video card, I could justify the processor and motherboard, and then I could start PC gaming in earnest again. Please, bring this console gamer back to the flock! I don't WANT to be a PC gaming apostate anymore! I want my Bioshock with DirectX 10! I want the Big Daddy to fear the awesome might of my mouse and keyboard skills! I want to lovingly install the Orange Box and be promised cake on my beautiful computer screen while my Xbox 360 whimpers in the corner because my new PC threatened to eat it alive.

Please help me ;)

6. LumpBeefbroth

LumpBeefbroth New Member

A 'new' game for me is like 2 years old. I can't LAN with friends because "Shader Model 3.0" isn't in my vocabulary. Sometimes after gaming on my PC, I go outside and comment on Mother Nature's "remarkable texture resolution". Sometimes, I slip and almost let myself believe that having great graphics and a steady framerate isn't THAT important, and that I should go outside or spend time with my girlfriend or do my homework. What nonsense. But that is my life and I can do nothing but be satisfied with what little I have...

I'm sick of it. Please give me the card.

7. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

I would like this card, so as not to feel left out in all the posting :p

-On another note I only felt like posting to be cool, congrats to the winner its a nice card.
    EDIT: Green doesnt enter my machine either :evil:

8. shihku7

shihku7 New Member

I want this video card because my system sucks and I can't play any of my PC games even at medium details :(

9. Zahariel

Zahariel New Member

I need this card because the image on the heatsink/fan will spruce up the dusty innards of my PC, as I fondly reminisce about wandering around Sigil in Planescape: Torment.

10. afterdawner

afterdawner New Member

I want this card so I can finally see what all the rave is about in Hugos House of Horrors and Leisure Suite Larry.

11. GeneralClaymore

GeneralClaymore Active Member

After playing couple demos of the upcoming Games, My X1900xt is crying in pain, after being beat with a Virtual crowbar.

12. sauced

sauced New Member

I need you 8800GTX like water, like breath, like rain..I need you like mercy from heaven's gate!! Theres a 8800GTX in your arms, that carries me through, i need you!.

LeAnn Rimes 8800GTX version :p

13. chipp

chipp the butterfly lover

I need this card to play OF, WiC and UT3 above 1024x768 resolution with bloom effects so I can experience the blurry vision it gives some people seems to enjoy.

14. chipp

chipp the butterfly lover

And I also need this card to finally have the reason to upgrade to DX10 gaming.

15. Brettflan

Brettflan New Member

I'd like this card in order to help me dig too deep in Dwarf Fortress, with all it's tile-based glory.
    May Armok send an elephant to strike me down if I'm lying.

16. Brettflan

Brettflan New Member

I also would like this card to help me more smoothly defeat those irksome Khergits in the game Mount&Blade.

Just had to throw out another great yet obscure indie game.

17. Mesegen

Mesegen New Member

Do you know the feeling when playing a game, and it lag so hard, that you want to smash you're keyboard into the wall? Thats the feeling i get, no mather what game i play. Playing World of Warcraft is not easy to play with and gold Geforce 6800, so i NEED this GPU.

18. Rafal Pyszko

Rafal Pyszko New Member

Well, i'm a studens so it's not money i have plany of. This is a huge opportunity for me to begin on new system. It's not ewery day you get a chance to get the best of the best :duh:.
    Rafal Pyszko

19. kragster

kragster New Member

Hi Driverheaven,
    I need this card because I crave the sweet graphics of DX10!

My preeecioooouuuuusss! Don't you dare give it away to someone else!

20. Renoir

Renoir New Member

That 8800GTX would fit nicely into to my-soon-to-be new setup.

Finally I would be able to play Oblivion with more than 15fps and a resolution higher than 640x480.

Even though I think Transport Tycoon Deluxe and Doom 2 are great games, they are just not that fun anymore.

Here's my "I really want that graphics card" haiku.

Pictures flashing
    Not fast enough, way to slow
    The rez - going down

Crysis, I fear you
    Seeing slideshows all over
    Nanosuit, bye bye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.