DH Mod tool V4 released ! - Win XP

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Get it HERE!

By Author: PATJE

Good news, it’s been recoded since the last version and improved in many ways.

First of all, it’s written in Visual Basic Express 2005. So if you want to use it, you need the .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0. I know you are not to keen on installing extra prerequisites for a simple tool but sooner or later you are going to need it anyway, like for example, the Catalyst Control Center. Also with Vista around the corner, .net framework is going to be the defacto standard.

This program modifies certain files from the Catalyst driver set so you can install the latest catalyst set on your laptop. This version supports more cards than ever before and is compatible with the 64-bit drivers.

The list of supported cards in V4:

ATI MOBILITY RADEON
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7800 GL
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL 9000
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9200
    ATI MOBILITY IGP 320M
    ATI MOBILITY IGP 340M/345M
    ATI MOBILITY IGP 7000
    ATI MOBILITY IGP 9000
    ATI MOBILITY IGP 9100
    ATI MOBILITY FIRE GL T2/T2e
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 Series
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V3100
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V3200
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5000
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5100
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9500
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9550
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 Series
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9800
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X200
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600 SE
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700 XL
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X800
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X800 XT
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1300
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600

2. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

Nice!

Planning on replacing my work laptop IBM/Lenobo r52 with a IBM/Lenovo r60, which got a X1400 card :p

3. kourai

kourai New Member

Cool, thank you Patje.
    But when the V5200 will be supported? :( (need for an IBM T60P)

4. patje

patje Former Mobility Modman

have you tried it? I'm at work right now, but I believe it is supported, I just forgot to mention it in the list I guess. I'll try to check it out

5. Rawr

Rawr New Member

I have never used this tool before until I had to fix my girlfriend's laptop, which has a mobilty radeon 9000. What a sweet program! Worked flawlessly..even though I couldn't use Catalyst 6.8 with the card.. had to go back to 6.5 to get rollercoaster tycoon to work..but that's another story! I'm rambling..

6. 3DChipset

3DChipset New Member

It works...

Just to let you know Patje, It works on the Shuttle X100 (which uses the X1400) ... Thanks for adding the support!

Regards,
    3DChipset.com

7. planetf1

planetf1 New Member

Hi, Trying to run the tool on a Thinkpad T60p (core DUo, XP, 32 bit) I get a popup:

Dh Modtool has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

The windows event log shows
    Application popup: DHmodtool4.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Now I think that error is [SIZE=-1]STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT, but I've tried download several times from http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool/ModtoolV4.zip

The file is
    C:\download>dir ModtoolV4.zip
    Volume in drive C is IBM_PRELOAD
    Volume Serial Number is 602F-1FAA

Directory of C:\download

19/09/2006 17:08 144,844 ModtoolV4.zip
    1 File(s) 144,844 bytes
    0 Dir(s) 2,235,580,416 bytes free

C:\download>sum ModtoolV4.zip
    01095 142

C:\download>
    C:\tools>dir DHmodtool4.exe
    Volume in drive C is IBM_PRELOAD
    Volume Serial Number is 602F-1FAA

Directory of C:\tools

20/09/2006 21:42 593,920 DHmodtool4.exe
    1 File(s) 593,920 bytes
    0 Dir(s) 2,235,580,416 bytes free

C:\tools>sum DHmodtool4.exe
    27825 580

C:\tools>

ideas?

[/SIZE]

8. ryan.graham

ryan.graham New Member

Are there any plans to make DH Mod Tool work with the Catalyst drivers for Vista? I think that capability would be very valuable since ATI hasn't released Vista drivers for Mobility 7000/7500/9000/9200. Unfotunately, those of us stuck with these cards are forced to use the XP drivers provided by our laptop manufacturer. :mad:

I started going through the INF file for Vista Catalyst drivers to see if I could modify it myself, but I lack the knowledge to do so and decided by the time I get it working someone else will have already done it.

I'd be happy to help test mods for the Vista Catalyst drivers if anyone with the requisite knowledge would like to take a stab at it. My current setup is Vista Ultimate RC1 and Radeon Mobility 9200 w/ 32MB. :drool:

9. Silent Patriot

Silent Patriot New Member

Is it version dependent? I had been using V3 of the DH Mod tool on a notebook with Mobility Radeon 9000, but ran into an issue with Catalyst 6.7 and higher versions causing a blue screen error and rebooting the system right as the Windows desktop began to load. Someone pointed out that the 9000 is no longer supported, which is clearly stated in the release notes. Should I try V4 with Catalyst 6.9, or just leave it alone with the 6.6 version installed?

Answered my own question. Just got Cat 6.9s installed using V4.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  10. planetf1

planetf1 New Member

I subsequently got a similar error from another install, so I reinstalled .net 1.1, 2.0 & rc of 3.0 and modtool is now working fine.

Sorry for the false alarm.

11. Tamplain

Tamplain New Member

Well I have used the mod tool on both Cat 6.8 and 6.9 with no success.

They do install where I can use my laptop for internet and such but for some reason it keeps giving me a serious error that no video drivers are found on installation. So now I have no D3D or Open GL on my system which means no games run.

What gives and how can I get D3D and Open GL support. Do I need to go back to older cat drivers possibly.

Have mobilit Radeon 9000 in my Toshiba laptop

B

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  12. Tamplain

Tamplain New Member

Also forgot to put in post above that I Unistalled and Used Drive Cleaner as directed before installing new drivers.

13. mkreptile

mkreptile New Member

Radeon X1100

I was download your dhmood, but if i runing it, i see only error messages:

"Dh Modtool has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
    (WinXP Home, SP2)

I would like install cat 6.9 to my radeon x1100 (better performence and support opengl glsl), but it is impossible. Somebody help me? Thanx...
    (or mkreptile@seznam.cz)

14. longo213

longo213 New Member

I recently bought a new laptop from MSI, small and powerful MegaBook S271.
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/notebook/nb/pro_nb_selling.php?UID=622
    Unfortunatelly, drivers updates seems to become much more complicated then I expected.

This laptop is provided with Radeon Xpress 1150M chipset (RS482M), which is not supported in official desktop nor mobile Catalyst drivers. And unfortunately, it's DEV
    ID is not in your mod tool too.

Code:
    ATI Radeon Xpress 1150" = ati2mtag_RS482M,  
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&SUBSYS_A4221462
    I can send you whole INF file or you can download the drivers from MSI's support page. Latest drivers provided by MSI are 6.3 and only 5.9 on the CD provided in the package.

Radeon Xpress 1150(M) is nothing more then just Xpress 200 with slightly overclocked VGA core and support for AMD's DDR2 CPUs. Hope there will be no troubles for you to add support into INF files for this line of IGP chipsets soon :)

15. shineofleo

shineofleo New Member

Thank you!!! My laptop is HP Pavallion Zt3000 with ATI Radeon mobility 9200. Yesterday I use the MOD tool and managed to install the catalyst driver 5.6 on it! And the game can run on it! (which had a texture mapping error) However, widescreen doesn't work normal... there is no wide screen resolution in the driver... and most of the resolution can be stretched or the screen will be in chaos... only one resolution 1450(maybe...)X1050(yes 1050)works, but there is a black void on the right side of the screen... i guess my laptop screen support 1680X1050 originally... Is there any solution to get over this? stretch the low 4:3 or a perfect wide screen would be better... Thanks...

16. hayfever

hayfever New Member

hello Patje, i have Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB on WinXP Pro and installation with the tool worked great!
    however, on my 24" dell lcd i would get into panning mode when i enter 1920 x 1200 resolution (native for the lcd). everything is also stretched horizontally. i'm wondering if you know anything about that or i should post somewhere else. thks a lot!

17. radzuik

radzuik New Member

Hallo , I have a problem. When I try to instal the driver by your program i see error, I dont know what is going on:// the error is "Unhandled exception occurred your application. " do anybody know what do i have to do?

18. roninro

roninro New Member

Hi there. I dont want to sound like a total idiot (but probably am) but when I try to run the driver install exe (6.5 or 6.8) i get a "severe" message saying "INF Error
    Video driver not found" and then one asking me to start in VGA mode. I dont know what this is but it kind of freaked me out! I have a pavilion zd8000 with a Radeon Mobility X600 graphics chip (256mb). Any ideas on how to get to the point where I should run the modtool? I really need new drivers....
    Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.
    Ro

19. lsnflnsgh

lsnflnsgh New Member

I downloaded the tool but when I try to run it it tells me the application failed to initialize properly and that I have to terminate it. What do I do?

20. tranle

tranle New Member

Vista mod tool ?

Hi,
    is there any plan to get the Mod tool working for the ATI Catalyst Vista distribution ?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.