DH Preview: ATI R700 Preview

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by craig5320, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

When I saw your comment I was a bit surprised so I've gone over and had a quick read at their article. It seems they have called that one wrong.

Custom Filtering AA has been present in the ATI drivers since the R600 (2900), in fact we covered it on this page: http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/r600reviewz/whatis.php about half way down.

About 3-4 months after that launch a 3rd mode was added (edge-detect) and since then all 2000, 3000 and 4000 products have been able to use this feature. Although, like any other demanding setting, you need faster cards to take advantage of the higher settings.

2. Alex

Alex Driverheaven Lover

Thanks Veridian3, your article was the best on the net by the way. You certainly know what you are talking about which is refreshing from the regurgitated crap I read on other sites.

3. tamalero

tamalero New Member

guys, if I may...

[​IMG]

:D

4. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

amazing performance....

5. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit DH ***** hobo

Very good review DH. I'm seriously going to look into these when they come out.

6. hellotheremyfriend

hellotheremyfriend New Member

im interested but im hearing horror stories about heat (in excess of 90c), one of the guys on the anandtech forums, says his sample burnt out when he was playing crysis. literally just "popped".

I guess the full reviews will be up this week. I hope DH cover the heat and thermal side of things.