DH Review: All-in-Wonder 9600 PRO

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Jeff, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff Yarr... I be blind!

We've just posted our review of ATI's new mainstream multimedia graphics card, the All-in-Wonder 9600 Pro. Read about it by clicking read more and discuss by clicking the article comments link above.

"The All-in-Wonder 9600 Pro fits in nicely right into the middle of ATI’s All-in-Wonder line-up, which now consists of 7 products, ranging from the low-end PCI Radeon 7500-powered All-in-Wonder VE weighing in at $129.99 to the super-high-end Radeon 9800 Pro-powered All-in-Wonder 9800 Pro weighing in at a mighty $399.99."

Read More...

2. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Nice looking card ..... I am guessing that the Athlon 800 was used as a testbed because that's what was available at the time :p

I would have like to see it in a system that could give a true understanding of what the card is all about :(

I know that the AIW 9700 Pro is sweet for gaming as well as multi-media...

3. Jeff

Jeff Yarr... I be blind!

I did most of the testing in an Athlon 2200+. Like I mentioned in the review, I was looking more at the multimedia side of the card, talking about the Athlon 800 was just something I did because I know some people with older computers want to be able to upgrade, and they'd like to know what sort of an improvement they can get.

4. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

hum...musta been an early read after a late night on my part :p

5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Nice review .... :D
    It simply looks like a decently operating card for the price range. As you said Jeff the card has a wide variety of applications. Not every system needs a Radeon 9800ProXT and the price point is excellent.

You noted the concerns with the akward card insertion, the remote and the output. Other than that seems like a good value for the right application.