DH Review: Coolermaster Mystique 632

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HardwareHeaven, Feb 15, 2007.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read The Review Here

Founded over a decade ago, CoolerMaster has one main mission: “… providing the industry's best thermal solutions. Since its establishment a decade ago, the company has remained faithful to this mission, emerging as a world leader in products and services for companies dealing with devices where heat issues must be resolved.”

2. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

What the hell were they thinking! This will properly ruin somebody's day, I doubt everybody will notice the small spacing.

3. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

It would be nice if the average pricing of PC Cases came down soon. $130US for a case, Esp this one, Is rediculous.

4. Sonata

Sonata New Member

If purchased by accident and the Video card doesn't fit, a bit of a hack with a metal cutting implement might tame the beast.

Reminds me of my old Macase where I was often cutting out bits to make way for new hardware, a royal pain in the behind.

5. ANewPrelusion

ANewPrelusion New Member

I personally own this particular case, so please excuse me if I am being bias. I feel there is a strong misrepresentation in this review. It is to my understanding that the con to this case was it's PCI-E clearance. It was stated that the reviewer was unable to fit a Powercolor X1950 Pro because it needed 13 inches of clearance. I find that hard to believe considering the card is 210mm/8.27in long (Source: google.) It is to be expected that the PCI-E power cable requires some clearance, but hardly 5 extra inches. And the designated clearance is 10.5in, seems well enough for an x1950 pro. In support of this, I personally have an MSI 7900GTX in this case and it measures 205mm/8.07in in length (Source: google)and i have no problems with clearance even with the power cable attached. If my information is incorrect in any way, please ignore my ramblings. If they are indeed correct, please make note of it so that other consumers are not deterred from this product simply because of incorrect information presented to them. Thank You

6. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

The information provided in the review is correct. Due to the PCI-E power connector design used by the PSU I'm using, the overall needed clearance is right at the 13 inches stated. I do know how to use and read a measuring tape. Although the PowerColor X1950 Pro can 'fit' in the space, it leaves no room for the PCI-E power connector. I would have to figure out a way to feed it through one of the holes where a HDD would go.

I stand by the review.

Stay tuned...I have a PSU review coming up and have a suggestion for the companies making them just for this reason.

7. INSTG8R

INSTG8R New Member

Take it from me its a damn tight fit( I have the 631, just click my sig to get a good idea of how a "tidy" that case can be......)