DH Review: Enermax Aurora Keyboard

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HardwareHeaven, May 30, 2006.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read the review here

OK, let’s play a little game. I’ll say a word and you say the first thing that comes into your head…

Ready????...

“Enermax”

There’s a good chance you’ve just responded with the words “Power Supply”…

Although Enermax make some of the best power supplies available, today’s review gives us the chance to see if Enermax are any good at making other PC peripherals. The product we are looking at is the Aurora Keyboard.

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

great review - certainly beats the keyboard i'm using

3. Resistor

Resistor Get it Going..

An interesting review... Never though of reading a review on keyboard...

4. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I'd soooo love to buy one of those!

5. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

Looks nice, proberly my new keyboard, my Zippy wk610 is getting worn down pretty fast :(

6. Brutality

Brutality Active Member

damn, 50 £ ? Thats kinda much.... for me atleast. But review was great, loved that one :)

Keep'em coming, guys!

7. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Well it is full aluminum... I mean, it ain't plastic and thus, I can sorta understand the extra money demanded by it ;)

8. bug77

bug77 New Member

Looks like my Genius keyboard. Low-profile, laptop-style keys. I love that thing. Sure it's Genius and plastic all-over (no aluminium), but it was dirt-cheap.
    But if you must have a quality keyboard, I'd go with this Enermax, since it doesn't have a weird layout that you have to get used to and I know low-profile keys feel so good.

9. HardwareHeaven

personally if I was spending this on a keyboard id put another £20 to it and get the raptor K1

http://www.raptor-gaming.com/raptor/raptorUK/index.htm

http://www.raptor-gaming.com/raptor/specs/spec_k1_eng.pdf

best keyboard out there, so ive heard with a life of 50 million button presses........ price is high, but it is using the highest component quality available. cherry gold crosspoints and adjusted coil springs....

However im one of the few who love the natural design MS brought out years ago. im using one of the 4000 boards, love it for work.

10. germanjulian

germanjulian Back in London

I LUVE the G15 from logitech.. typing has never been nicer. gaming as well and that blue light is cool and the LCD with my system info such as ram usage, hd space cpu usage is cool too :)

11. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I dont know, the keys have to feel like the firm hemisphere of a young womans breast when I strike them ever so slightly with my gently probing finger tips...LOL

12. HardwareHeaven

**cough** yes indeed..........

Incidentally why is it whenever a thread is talking about hardware it ends up with you talking about hot women man ?

Lets keep the thread on track ;)

@germanjulian, that keyboard is nice indeed, my friend has one, im not quite sure I like the LCD tbh, its a little silly, but thats just me im sure :) You should try it with vista see if the ram usage can go into subzero figures :p

13. mike2h

mike2h New Member

a little pricy, but nice keyboard! if we did not already have the saitek boards i would seriously give it or the 'raptor' serious consideration. thx!
    jeff cant help it Z, when your sex life is battery related talk of hardware is always going to be difficult.;)

14. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

Argh the Raptor K1 is 165$ here in Denmark, darn it! :annoyed:

15. HardwareHeaven

That is a lot of money, however it is the best keyboard money can buy......

16. Shike

Shike Official Cyberpunk ^_-

I could see the Enermax being a definate for typists, although I'm curious on its simultaneous keystroke capability.

Doesn't matter much to me now, I finally gave up on my Saitek keyboard, took the dive and got a Zboard + free Factions keyset. I no longer randomly stop in CS due to key ghosting (or whatever term you whish to use) and don't have to remember annoying shortcuts anymore ^_^

17. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

sure a pretty little thing.

18. nerdrock

nerdrock New Member

if i were the 'elegant simplicity' type i'd snag this keyboard in a second.

Unfortunately , my 'Obnoxiously Geeky/Gaudy' self will continue trying to find justification for all the junk my G15 can do :)

19. cheese_thief

cheese_thief New Member

I have the MS Natural 4000, and I use it for gaming. I've never had any problems with ghosting. It's the first time I used an ergonomic style keyboard, and I'm loving how comfortable it is.

Also, regarding the Raptor keyboard, it's my experience to be wary of "gamer" peripherals. Most of the time, the companies that produce them throw specs at you that you're supposed to be impressed with. In reality, these properties really don't help your game at all.

For example, you can buy a perfectly good mouse and a large mousepad for $30 (MS Wheelmouse Optical 1.1 and a Supermat/Allsop Raindrop), when you could easily spend on the upwards of $100, buying a G5 and a Qpad (or something similar). The MS WMO 1.1 doesn't skip on you, and can keep a consistant 1ms response time, while a G5 has 2ms, and a Razer Diamondback or MX518 can only keep a consistant 1.5ms. The only reason I see where buying a "gamer" mouse would be understandable is if you like the shape (shape is very important), or you need high DPI (which is never, unless you play at insanely high sensitivities).

You can basically apply the exact same thing to the Raptor keyboard, as other cheaper keyboards can technically perform similar to it, but if it feels good, it's worth it.

"Try before you buy."

Just my $0.02 on buying "gamer" products.

20. MEXXX`

MEXXX` New Member

That theres a damn fine looking keyboard. It would match perfectly with my SilverStone Lascala 16 series HTPC case. Too bad it doesn't come in a wireless verion.