DH Review: Newance Triplecone

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by craig5320, Jan 11, 2006.

1. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Here's the latest offering from our hardware reviewer Grace:

Grace has kindly been taking a look at a rather unusual offering the 'Newance Triplecone'

For most home users, when it comes on deciding which high end computer case to buy, the greatest factor is most probably not the efficiency of the case but the innovation of its design. Today I have a pretty strange looking case for review from Newance, a new found company which is a subsidiary of the large German company Listan, the Triplecone. The Triplecone is not only a large and very well built case, but its design can even confuse many unwary eyes, as many people will confuse it for a large speaker. Let us have a look of it up close.

Read the Review HERE

[​IMG]

2. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Nice review.
    That case (on the inside) looks exactly like my Aerocool SPIRAL GALAXIES case. I like it, but the non-traditional size, and like you said, the distance from the PSU to the Mobo, can be a problem if you have shorter cables. My case runs very cool though, and I don't use the wind tunnel thing, it has clearance issues with some cords and my memory.

3. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

It also is exactly the same as the Silverstone Tenjin 6 as well as an Enermax case. Seems the only original piece is the front of the case.

4. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I love the look, not so sure about the insides though

5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

The first time I saw the picture on the front page, I thought it was a speaker myself. It's pretty and it looks like the cooling is well solved, but I wish you included a few figures on that subject in your review. Otherwise, a nice text.

6. bug77

bug77 New Member

My guess is the windtunnel thing will interfere with the of power cables on a lot of motherboards. Nice feature, but it will just take space in one's closet :(

7. McBanjo

McBanjo New Member

Would prefer if you installed a system in the case. Just so you can see how it looks of things :)