DH tutorial: How to mod a Radeon 9500 non-Pro to a 9700 non-Pro

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Jul 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Well folks, we have something very special for you today. Our very own WyreTheWolf (DH admin) has taken time out of his busy schedule to show us all how exactly to mod a Radeon 9500 non-Pro by opening the other 4 pipelines to reach 9700 non-Pro specifications. In this guide he will show you which cards will accept the modifications along with simple 1, 2, 3 steps on how to install the proper drivers you need in order to perform this mod.

"Today I am not reviewing new technology... Today I am going to review a card that is the low man on the totem pole. You may ask why... Well, most people have heard about modifying a Radeon 9500 non pro into a Radeon 9700 non pro by opening the other 4 pipelines that are disabled by default on the 9500. Today not only am I going to show you how to do this... but I am also going to show you the performance increases that you can gain from this.
    The easiest way to hack, or unlock a Radeon 9500 non pro is to install the Omega Drivers... I will be using these today to show you what happens to a 9500 np that is unlocked, and overclocked... as these drivers have both the ability to overclock, and to unlock the Radeon 9500 non pro."

Who knows, you may have card and not even know it!

-How to turn a Radeon9500 non-Pro into a 9700 non-Pro

Discuss here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.