DH zer0point 0.7184 Released!

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by pr0digal jenius, Mar 8, 2005.

1. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

Well, after pulling an all-nighter I have for you all, not only a revamped website, but a 71.84 based set of zer0points.

6800go is still the only mobility card supported, this should change within the next release or 2.

Aside from that, we fixed several little things and added some tweaks here and there and are all in all quite pleased with the results.

The installer should be working for most of you now, but if you still experience errors installing game tweaks, just copy them from the Program Files/DHzer0point Drivers folder to their proper destinations.

Thanks!
    ---The zer0point Staff

Updated Website

2. aaronbond

aaronbond Member

uhhh current build still says 66.97 on the front page of site prodigal.

:confused::confused::confused:

*insert personal opinion* I hate flash-based sites because they're difficult to manage. Zeropoint is an active website and changed constantly. Static Flash sites are good for small business', but not for software projects which are changing constantly. I like the Flash menu, but the rest should be code of some sort.

3. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

I tend to agree with your opinions aaron, and PJ has agreed he needs to make some changes in the future with the site.

4. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

W00T! I know you guys will enjoy them we do!

5. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

Very Nice Set

I like the Set, Your Driver Installtion How it's implemented is very much improved, I was actually usuing the 71.84 betas anyways but I installed these to compare...

I must say that they're actually tweaked better and running smoother without the game configs, I havent used the game configs but been playing half life 2 again and I must say visually you guys have made a kickass driver set..

No bugs to report yet

BUT I would like a 64 bt (x64) Modded driver asap....
    Please [​IMG] (It'll be out in April)

I've been gaming with Build 1812 and IT's running fast... but with your help we can get gaming going even faster!!! :)

6. Captn

Captn New Member

Im curious if this set of zer0points has the so called "temp" bug like the 71.84's over at guru3d's site?

7. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

Yes they do says 10C and then the temp is filled? WTF is that I've noticed it, I think its linked to the 7x.xx series I dunno whatsup with it, I got a 6800 Ultra :(

8. EvaUnitXIV

EvaUnitXIV New Member

71.40 and up don't like my 6600gt will these like it?

9. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

I'm not sure I understand except I can assure you our Beta testers with 6600GT's have reported no problems and good performance....

The temp bug has something to do with nvidia's drivers doing something with the core either changing voltages or core speeds, we're hunting it down as we speak, however as of now we do not have a fix that everyone will like, overclocking your core 1 mhz and setting it back to stock will "fix" it, or just plain overclocking will "fix" it...

10. Captn

Captn New Member

So is it ok to use the drivers without overclocking and setting it back to stock or overclocking it? Or should we stay away from them altogether?

11. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Nvidia is doing something funny with the core, we haven't figured out exactly what yet but I assume it's some sort of voltage/core clock trick in the drivers with the info we have right now, these drivers or basically any 7x series driver will have your card running a bit hotter than the 6x series drivers, there's no danger with these drivers the card is just doing more work than before. Changing your core clock 1 mhz, must be resetting the info the drivers use at default to a non - enhanced/optimized/pushed state. There's no danger in these or any other driver based on the 7184, just what nvidia is doing.

12. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

These drivers have been totally rocking under serious beta testings, I hope you like them as I do ;)

13. Captn

Captn New Member

Ok well im using the WHQL 71.90's atm, they run EQ II really good, i'll try the NEW DH zer0point 0.7184. Any chance theres going to be a beta DH zer0point 0.7190, if so could I get them. ;)

14. Captn

Captn New Member

PoopyTheJ I installed coolbits 2.0 and went to "Clock Frequency Settings" then I selected "Detect Optimal Frequencies" and let it do its thing, I applied it, then I went and set it back to No Overclocking and applied that and my temp @ idle now with the 71.90's is GPU core 46c and Ambient temp is 32c. This is really interesting...hehe :confused:

15. Shaga

Under beta testing, there has been overclocking tab all the time around without coolbits. Why install coolbits? if I may ask.

16. Lane-k

Lane-k New Member

DHz 71.84 and SLI

Hi, i have install it and after configure the SLI mode, i can' t enter Windows,
    The PC crash at this moment, screen stay black... I have try 3 times with different cfg...same
    I use actually the beta Forceware 71.84 and no problem.

If someone have test this driver and have found the solution, tell me...
    It' s so bad, the optimisations configurationfor SLI seems really interessant. Hope this problem fixed soon.

For coolbits: This soft is just for SLI user, if you will change the rendering mode, you need
    enter a new Dword value in reg32 : -Coolbits - 8

After that you can change the rendering mode (alternate frame 1&2, split rendering, etc...)
    directly in control panel.

The bug of temp. seems affect only 6800 GT/Ultra graphics card, no bug with 6600 GT. alone
    or in SLI.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  17. Shaga

Yeah, no problems for me with temp.. asus gf6600gt pcie single.

There were none problems with SLI under beta testing between our group, perhaps someone can aid you. Authors? ;)

I'm going for SLI later tho...once nvidia releases next official sets with correct SLI functions.

18. Lane-k

Lane-k New Member

ok, i will try redownload the driver (i have it by guru 3d) and see that.

For SLI, you can use it now... i run very well with all games i have (old like Ravenshield /SWC clan member/ is running too) i use it for all games and the list of compatible game is really expansive, when i have build the system i have fear to don' t can use SLI for only doom or half-life 2 but now i'm very surprised to see all this game work really nice with SLI enabled.
    (play on Jont Op.:Escalation with 8x AF (16x) and 4x AA is a real pleasure and i don' t tell you
    like all the game run fine and speed. :D !!!! When a game really no works with muli.-Gpu, you just have to select single on Nvdia panel

Actually i use the 1004 bios for A8N SLI deluxe, work good with SLI and strange thing, the possibility for overclock have increase... before i can' t get up 216 MHZ stable now i can
    approach the 232 easy with HT 5x, Ram at 464 mhz and 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 5 T, voltage high 1.625 and 2.9V for Ram, all stable, temp. CPU with Zalmann 7700 36 °C / 42 °C max.

Don' t wait the difference with SLI is incredible 3Dmark 03: ~14550 easy 15000 pnts :duh:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  19. Captn

Captn New Member

Well I was goin to overclock, but with this so called temp bug Im probably going to wait now. It seems though that any driver after 71.25 WHQL has this temp bug issue. 71.90's just seem to run alot better in EQ II then any of the other 7x.xx series drivers do, i play alot of EQ II.

20. Lane-k

Lane-k New Member

To Captn,

This is just a report temp. bug, i think your GPU is no matching this temp, try another soft.
    for verify.