DH zer0point 0.7184 Released!

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by pr0digal jenius, Mar 8, 2005.

1. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

reinstalling would be an excellent Idea, after switching from ATI to nvidia I could not get my rig right without a reinstall and I tried everything!

2. vladthedog

vladthedog New Member

ya, i would eventually anyway, :) i just don't have much time at the moment (school and all) so what little "computer" time i have i wanna be gaming :) heh. i'll try those cfg tweaks first though.

thanks for all your help btw. although i have no experience w/ the officials, great drivers. i know a lot of it is nvidia, but i'm very impressed w/ the customizability of the nvidia drivers.

3. jasonbourne

jasonbourne New Member

i hate reinstalling windows too.i used to reinstall it once a month to get ride of the old drivers on my system till i found driverheavencleaner i never had to do it again.

4. vladthedog

vladthedog New Member

oh see.. i LOVE reinstalling. what, you think i format/reinstall at least once a month because i hate it? ;) heh. I love playing w/ different configurations.. and well, i have a bit of OCD that seems to have slowly intigrated into my outlook of my PC. When my PC starts feeling "dirty" (i install/uninstall a lot of various software because i like testing things out) i feel the need to clean... :)

i just don't have much time atm w/ school and work.. but i wasn't thinking, i have this week off (spring break) so i can procrastinate w/ some of my schoolwork. i think i may reinstall tonite. as i said (i think i said it?) installing XP has become an artform for me. gimmi an hr or two and i'll have XP back up and running w/ all my drivers... the "biggest" hastle is getting all my games and apps back the way i like it (i can get pretty anal w/ my start menu and how its organized).

5. Wildman95gs-t

Wildman95gs-t New Member

I installed these drivers last night and have a question, under the nVIDIA Info it lists the drivers as Forceware Version 71.84, Riva Tuner also lists them as 71.84, Everest lists them as (6.14.10.7184) nVIDIA Detonator 71.84 but under adapter properties / driver version it is listed as 0.7590.00 why is this :confused:

6. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

not sure, actually.....I'll look into it tomorrow night, unless Drew can look at it before then :)

My suspision is that the driver version line at the top of the INF may read 75.90 from cutting and pasting the INF header, as that never changes....but I'm not sure.

7. vladthedog

vladthedog New Member

it looks like i am having problems w/ the snd_mixahead command.. i did a complete reformat/reinstall yesterday and was still having the exact same problem. I tested before and after doing the latency thing, and for my sound card i have the newest drivers running default 7.1 settings. I just played around with it, and if i set the snd_mixahead to "0.1" i don't get any of the distortion. anything higher and i will (i'm guessing default is 0?) Funny thing is, when i added that line to the cfg it distorted. so i deleted it and restarted and it was still distorted. thats when i tried setting the value to .1 and it worked, so as soon as i add the line .5 it looks to be changing something in my config.cfg. i'm gonna keep playing w/ it a bit, see if i can't figure out exactly whats going on, but just thought id let you know, just in case someone else is having this problem.

8. pr0digal jenius

thanks for the heads up.

What happens if you set it to 0, start the game, then delete that line from the .cfg file?

9. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

snd_mixahead "0.3" is default IIRC. Not at least 0. 0.5 adds strange delay. I have played with this when I actively played quake2 & 3 in my past.

10. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

hmmmm, keep us informed vlad we may change that on the next release then.....

11. Tiberian Son

Tiberian Son New Member

This is probably a stupid question, so forgive me. I haven't used modifed drivers in a while, but when I did Omega's were the one's to use and the drivers would not work correctly if you changed any of the AA or AF settings. He did all the optimizations and they were great as long as you didn't touch it. Are these, or any modified drivers still like this?

12. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 New Member

no. at least they shouldn't behave like this. if you find such an issue let us know.

13. vladthedog

vladthedog New Member

k... here is brief documentation:

using "default" settings worked just fine (i just deleted the files in the cfg folder of hl2 to go back to default settings)

using ".1" on snd_mixahead worked just fine, anything higher would make it distort.

once I set it any higher than ".1" even if I just deleted the line from the cfg file I would still have distortion. (tested "0" "0.1" "0.3" "0.5" "0.7" "1")

setting it to "0" in cfg would bring about distortion as well. (I was surprised about this as well, in fact, i almost didn't test this setting because i assumed it would take care of it)

if i set it to ".1", started the game, quit, then deleted the line it worked just fine.

it looks like whatever i place in the autoexec.cfg gets added to config.cfg. If I go to default configs (as in, deleting all files in the cfg folder) and start up a game, the setting is set to "0.1" in the config.cfg.

if you want me to look in to anything else, just ask.

related to this, i was wondering if, in the future, could you place little notes in front of each tweak in the cfg files? Not trying to make things more difficult or anything like that, it would just be nice to know exactly what each tweak is doing :) now i'm gonna go try out the far cry tweaks :) hehe

14. Shaga

Have you tried .03 or .04? I think I mistood thinking 0.5 to 0.05 and stuff :)

15. vladthedog

vladthedog New Member

no i haven't tried any .05 or anything like that... is there really a point? from my very basic understanding, the closer to 1 the more load but could reduce off-synced lips and stuff... so if .1 works why would i go lower?

16. Shaga

I used .03 with quake2 in the past because it gave better performance and sounds were still synced with my audio card(audio card was at that time which make the all difference with "how low I can go"), but I quess it doesn't matter that much anymore.

17. vladthedog

vladthedog New Member

oh, i should say, i don't have any problem w/ synced sounds, thats why i was saying it wouldn't make a difference :)

18. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Hmmm, thanks Vlad, I'm going to do some testing and we'll possibly change that or revise it in future revisions, perhaps comment it out and let the user decide....

19. zenkmander

zenkmander New Member

This is weird. After installing the 71.84 zeropoint drivers, a lot of the effects in Battlefield 1942 became horrible. All the smoke and other effects would look like single pixels, which is ugly. I've changed the image settings (Quality, Performance, and High Performance) and haven't noticed a single difference. This happened to me before when I used the old zeropoint drivers too.

20. pr0digal jenius

i dont have that game.....is it D3D or OpenGL? and does it happen with AA/AF on and off?