DHzer0point 0.64 Release

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by PoopyTheJ, Apr 29, 2006.

1. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Edgewise, install the DHzer0point drivers, at the end of the DHzp installer you'll see three choices, drivers, CCC and WDM just don't choose the CCC and then grab the CP from DHdownloads and install it after driver installation.

brownstonemr, I'm not sure why the drivers would give you a problem with overclocking, we wouldn't change anything having to do with clock rates, we don't want to damage anyones card. If you didn't uninstall the old drivers and run Driver cleaner in safe mode to get rid of the vestiges of what was there it could be causing a confilct.

2. edgewise

edgewise New Member

thanks Poopy!

3. Widkidone

Widkidone New Member

i sent you the numbers in the PM

4. brownstonemr

brownstonemr New Member

Yeah I used drivercleaner so im not sure what the problem is then. Ohwell thx anyways.

5. Curious142

Curious142 New Member

Windows won't let me install 6.4

When I try to install DHzer0point0.64 drivers (after following the recommended procedure to get rid of the old drivers) I get the message that "Setup will only run in Administrator mode. Setup is aborting". I'm the system administrator and my system administrator account is the only account on my machine. I may have to go back to 6.3 (which installed without any problems) unless someone can show me the light here. Thanks for any help.

CB

6. Curious142

Curious142 New Member

p.s. I have a Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800XT vid card.

CB

7. Lchevy79

Lchevy79 -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

ok dude with the x850xt install drivers, reboot then run installer agian hit custom install only wdm drivers reboot i got the same deal

8. Curious142

Curious142 New Member

I couldn't re-install the DHzer0-6.3 drivers after I couldn't install the DH-6.4 drivers. So I tried the 6.3 Omega drivers. After it looked like they had installed it turned out that they hadn't really installed. I think that what I ended up with was a mix of DH and Omega. What a mess. I don't know if it's my machine or the drivers that are messed up. However, I did install the DH-6.3 without any problem at one time -- so it's probably something about my windows (WinXP pro sp2) that's become messed up since then. Maybe WinVista will be better.

CB

9. Mo0nRaKeR

Mo0nRaKeR New Member

Ok, so ive tried the last few releases and i've been pleased with them, but this newest set has some issues for me with textures. Here's what I mean:

[​IMG]

The same thing is happening in Ghost Recon: AW, Guild Wars, but not in WOW. I'll be testing other games to see if they're getting the corruption too. any suggestions would be great.

I have uninstalled the previous drivers, used driver cleaner to clean all files, and installed normal and wdm drivers. I didnt see any issues during the install process.

10. X1800XTTOP

X1800XTTOP New Member

Have you made sure texture qulaity/mipmap in the Catalyst Control Center is set to "high quality" or "quality"?

11. Mo0nRaKeR

Mo0nRaKeR New Member

Yes, mipmap quality is set to high.

12. kelston

kelston Active Member

Issue with World of Warcraft.

Every few seconds, all the text in the game suddenly becomes blurry. Sometimes it will stay blurry for a while, other times it will just immediately clear up. Sometimes moving will clear the problem, sometimes it won't.

I figured it might be Anti-aliasing so I turned it off (Let Application Decide -> set it to 1x in game), didn't change anything. Tried temporal AA on/off, tried Adaptive AA on/off, tried 2x, 4x, and 6x. Tried Anisotropic Filtering. HQ AF on/off, 2x/4x/8x/16x.

This never happened under any conditions prior to installing the zer0points. I was running stock Catalyst 6.4 before installing these.

EDIT: Got it in a screenshot.

How it should look: http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/65/fontnotblur0nq.jpg

How it looks with the blurriness: http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/2332/fontblur2xw.jpg

As you can see, it's very, very distracting.

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  13. Methroix

Methroix New Member

I've got a kind of the same problem as kelston.
    When I have Adaptive AA enabled and play WoW the whole screen becomes blurred, instead of just the edges. The higher the AA setting the more blurred the screen gets. Moving doesn't seem to clear it up either.
    Since I just installed the drivers I haven't been playing for long, but turning off Adaptive AA seems to "solve" the problem.
    I haven't seen this problem with any other drivers, including the official 6.4.

14. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

curious be sure to uninstall completely reboot in safe mode and run driver cleaner.

Kelston let me know if setting the alternate pixel center setting in the Direct3D Compatibility settings fixes the text issue.

Mo0nRaKeR, can you set High quality AF? Try that and let me know.

15. Methroix

Methroix New Member

I always go through that procedure.

I figured it was because I couldn't uninstall ATI Tray Tools completely before reinstalling it(since it's inside the previously used NGO package), so I uninstalled everything (using DriverCleaner in Safe Mode) and reinstalled it again.
    Sadly, no difference at all. :(

But the problem seems to be solely related to Adaptive AA, there's no full screen blur when using normal AA.

16. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

only with Adaptive eh? And using DC was directed towards the user Curious142, but it helps to know you're probably not running into any issues related to old files. If you are using ATI Tray tools try uninstalling and running clean, with the CCC or CP whichever you prefer, ATI Tray tools overwrites many of our settings and causes conflicts with our drivers. We have not found a work around for this or a fix yet other than asking Ray to rewrite Ati Tray tools which I don't think he'll do ;). We've set the setting for maximum performance and Iq so we don't reccomend the use of any outside party tweaking app as it just overwrites our values, writes different types of values for the same things we've already set etc.

17. Methroix

Methroix New Member

Uninstalling and reinstalling again, this time leaving ATT out of it, solved the problem!
    Thanks Poopy! :)

I guess I was a bit naive to believe that ATT simply read the existing values from the registry without applying any modifications from the start.

18. kelston

kelston Active Member

Alright, Alternate Pixel Center made no difference.

Did a reinstall without much of a change since I don't use any third party utilities.

However, it seems the major cause of the problem is alt-tabbing. Running the game and never alt-tabbing seems to allow the game to run without issue, but alt-tabbing once and the problem is there forever, adaptive or not.

19. Mo0nRaKeR

Mo0nRaKeR New Member

I have HQ aniso enabled. I've tried disabled as well, and just about every other texture option i can think of. Going back to the old drivers until this gets worked out.

20. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Kelston and moonraker I'm investigating, we need WoW beta testers if you're interested noone has a subscription.