DHzer0point 0.64 Release

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by PoopyTheJ, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Widkidone

Widkidone New Member

Poopy have you figured out why it was installing properly?

2. kelston

kelston Active Member

I'd be willing to try it out. I have a City of Heroes/City of Villains subscription as well, but I think the problem CoH/CoV is having is at the ATi level.

3. Maurice Martel

Maurice Martel New Member

Poor Preformance

my ati card with 0.64 2697 score on 3dmarks 03 and lags when booting up and when loading screen i used to get higher scores before but now its lagging ive defreged computer and scandisk and run it and poor preformance so something in the drivers are not going cause computer freezes sometimes with them let me know if its possible if the drivers are working good or bad thanks guys!!

4. alexpro

alexpro New Member

Will these drivers help out with the issues with Civ4?

5. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

TRy installing from the device manager, point to the inf in the DHzer0point directory. when you go into properties for the unrecognized device find the inf in the drivers directory of the DHzer0point drivers and choose that. Should install if not the problem is elsewhere I don;t have your card so I can't reproduce it here. but if it installs correctly or not that way I know where the problem is and can fix it.

6. Curious142

Curious142 New Member

I did just that and it didn't seem to make any difference. My apparent mixture of DH-6.3 and Omega-6.3 files seems to be working, so I'm definitely letting it "ride". I have windows installed on two more hdd's with DH-6.3 drivers and I'm not messing with them and ending up with the problems I had last night with trying to install DH-6.4 on my primary HDD. Thanks for your reply.

CB

7. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

alexpro which issues with civ4? I can't guarantee anything but we'd love for you to give them a try and let us know your findings.

8. Mo0nRaKeR

Mo0nRaKeR New Member

I'm down, i just need to know what u expect from me. If it's too time consuming im not gonna be able to do it. College takes up lots of time :p

9. kelston

kelston Active Member

An update:

Not sure what your investigations have brought about, however, the problem seems to have vanished. It may be my wacky installation order or some strange issues with installing in general, but what seemed to fix it for me was:

1) Run the exe to extract all the files.
    2) Standard install process (Uninstall, reboot to safemode, driver cleaner, reboot with network cable unplugged, install)
    3) Reboot for the install to complete
    4) Uninstall them, reboot
    5) Standard uninstall procedure, safe mode drivercleaner
    6) Install by running the setup executable in the extracted folders
    7) Complete process, reboot
    8) Uninstall yet again
    9) Install normally

Problem didn't pop up again in that install order, dropping the manual running of the exe in the middle.

For now, only thing i'm still left with is problematic textures.

This is at 6xFSAA (set in game) with Adaptive AA + 4xAniso (set in game) with HQ Aniso. Mipmaps at high, vsync on.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1953/textures3aj.jpg

The steps leading up to the building is what you're looking at to see the issue. (Overall fuzziness of the textures, gaps between each level of the steps)

10. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Beta testing 5hrs per week probably as far as active posting etc goes, the rest of your time using the drivers as normal and reporting bugs.

11. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

kelston, There's obviously a conflict with a texture setting somewhere, are you using ATT? If not then it's definitely something I need to look into.

12. Mo0nRaKeR

Mo0nRaKeR New Member

Alright, that's reasonable. Count me in.

13. kelston

kelston Active Member

No I don't. I don't use any third party program after CCC allowed you to change everything I would normally need/want to change.

14. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

Do these support x64 yet?

15. fobis

fobis New Member

Nope, sorry.

16. Mferrulo

Mferrulo New Member

Woops! I've been using ATT with your drivers with seemingly no issues for awhile. If not ATT, what program would you suggest for Overclocking? I also like to change the Flip Queue setting which ATT also allows me to do.

If I continue to use ATT, what features, improvements in your drivers are being pre-empted by running ATT?

Mark

P.S. - Love your work - thanks!!

17. fobis

fobis New Member

For overclocking, you can use something like ATiTool or just use the Overdrive option in the CCC. As for the Flip Queue setting, I don't know where it is or if it's available in the CCC. I've heard people talking about it being available in there to choose, but I still don't see it. We'll look into enabling that option in CCC for the next set...
    And as for the possible conflicts between ATT and DHzp, we honestly don't know what all ATT affects, but we know it does something. We do know that it does affect installation for some, and that's a biggy :D

18. aVee

aVee New Member

Hi, I installed the driver on my X1400 mobility and I'm having a problem.. Well, it's actually the same problem found in the RC3 version,

- Avivo video settings screens blank out
    - A friend of mine installed it in his X300 mobility, and he said that MPC can't use VMR9

hope the info's useful

19. WantedRefleX

WantedRefleX New Member

Hey i'm new to these forums and i've just downloaded these drivers for my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 1630 Laptop which has a Ati Mobility 9700 128Mb Gfx Card. Since installing the drivers it only allows me to use a 1024x768 Resolution, bearing in mind that the lcd's native Resolution is 1280x800 @ 60Hz, while using Omega Drivers it was ok but with these drivers it wont go any higher.

Anyways I found this on a forum through a Google search and I think this might be the answer.... The question I have now is can there be an easier way as this threw my head into a spin as it seems alot just to get a resolution to work.

Here is the Article I found on the forum.

Hope someone can help me out here, Many Thanks.

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  20. Scoty

Scoty New Member

the Driver not working on my Toshiby Satellite A100-188 Notebook with a X1600. afte i have install the Driver i see every start a black Screen.