DHzer0point 0.65

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by PoopyTheJ, Jun 13, 2006.

1. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

DHzer0point 0.65

Built on the Chuck fix version of the Catalyst 6.5
    Rearranged Video playback optimizations
    Increased optimizations for Texture fill and texture quality
    Further overall gameplay and Iq enhancements
    TAA enabled by default, we felt that although the overall FPS was a bit lower game performance was smoother.
    AAA performance enabled by default it just looks so nice that the small performance hit is worth it.
    High Quality AF enabled by Default
    Area Anisotrophy Enabled by default

Issues etc,
    One of our beta testers could not install any version of the 6.5 drivers, if you haven't had any issues with 6.5 drivers then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Grab yours at www.driverheavendownloads.net !

2. vanalex

vanalex New Member

Is it possible to activate crossfire with these drivers?

3. Blackboost

Blackboost -=[DHzer0point Author]=-

Yes...

4. vanalex

vanalex New Member

Do this work with XP 64 Bits, or should I stick with the Catalyst for 64 bits?

5. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

No these are not written for 64 bit.

6. BIG_FREAK

BIG_FREAK New Member

Found these last night in the download section installed them on my Laptop (HP NC6230 atix300)

and I have only got WOW in it but I think I am looking at about 10FPS better then the old CAT 6.3 i have in stalled on it.

Great work when i get home on Friday I will be installing them on my desktop :)

7. Pottsy306

Pottsy306 New Member

these blow my 3.9 Cat drivers OUT OF THE WATER!

8. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

uhhh.... 3.9? are you trying to tell us that you havnt upgraded drivers in almost 3 years?

9. tech.Me

tech.Me New Member

Dude...
    :eek:

Anyways...
    Will try these out. Warcats' drivers don't cut it for me.

10. wolfran

wolfran New Member

The small performance hit part........is that valid for any cards including the x800 series or only for the x1000 series?

11. X1800XTTOP

X1800XTTOP New Member

It depends on what game you use AAA in. But for a X800 with the latest games out there - i´d say use regular AA only.

As for the TAA-part... 2xTAA gives me 47fps (avarage) in FEAR. 4xAdaptiveAA gives me 58fps (avrage) and most certinly feels smoother. May i ask what game this was tested on? Because i can agree with you. I tried 6xTAA with oblivion, and it looked beautiful without lowering fps anything like AAA (if set to quality mode, performance mode works good though) can do in that game.

I haven´t tried these drivers yet - but i think you guys do a great job with these and should keep it up! :) I bet that in terms of image quality - nothing beat these. Im just affraid of the performance hit of the tweaks included.

12. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

I'm playing Quake4, Fear, UT2004, HL2, SS2, with all the goodies and 4xaaX4Xaf. I like the eye candy, that's why I put these out. Opteron Dual core 1.8 with 1.5GB RAM and X1800XT not overclocked.

13. X1800XTTOP

X1800XTTOP New Member

I´ve read up a bit on Temporal AA and now understand why "overall fps" was reduced - not minimum (wich is more important). The thing is, you do not notice any fps loss because Temporal AA activates only when you have enough FPS anyways. So great thing to enable it by default (at least for X800/X1800 users) because it will give you the nice quality you want - but only when it knows your computer can handle it.

I also tested playing with 4xTAA 16xHQAF and any game (incl FEAR and Oblivion) i tried ran great (1280X1024 and max ingame settings) as always.

But be aware that AAA can reduce fps by as much as ~10fps (in my testings - went from 40 to 32 (loaded the same save, random place in a forrest, and noted the fps)) in Oblivion (i know.. its not the only game out there.. but its a game that actually use alot of AAA). It was still very, very playable, and as PoopyTheJ said - it simply looks amazing. But people with weaker cards might notice the fps-loss and sould consider disabling AAA when using these drivers.

14. onarum

onarum New Member

so there is no control pannel this time eh? I just can't use CCC, just can't, its the only thing keeping me from using this drivers, are they still not compatible with ATT?

15. riles9262

riles9262 Driverheaven brewmaster

Great drivers so far for me. I had a slight stutter here and there with the official chuck 6.5's but since changing to these, that has disappeared.

I'll have to do some more testing with hqaf and adaptive aa since I didn't have these settings for my old 9800. But since I don't have time atm, does anyone know how much performance difference there is between aaa's performance and quality setting? And if there's much iq difference?

16. PuPeTeeR

PuPeTeeR New Member

Hi!

I have a problem since I switched from omega's last set to these ones, I get some strange lines around the menus in Heroes of Might and Magic.. They aren't artifacts, I think it has something to do with textures..
    I currently use a P4 @ 2.7 with 512MB DDR333 and a Sapphire X1600 Pro
    I don't see them in other games..
    Any help wold be appreciated :D

17. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Try setting alternate pixel center in compatibility settings and see if that fixes the issue.

18. PuPeTeeR

PuPeTeeR New Member

Already did that, still no luck :(

EDIT: I had this problem when I lowered the texture quality in ATT, but I used DriverCleaner before installing these drivers, and never used ATT since so I don't think it's that..

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  19. lpzml

lpzml New Member

DH YOUR Drivers Rocks Thank you so much. These are the best drivers out there woot

20. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Try lowering the quality in CCC rather than ATT, ATT doesn't work well with some of our tweaks and can overwrite a number of our settings. ATT uses some tweaks which we use and some which are the same but different, this can cause undesireable effects, such as what you're seeing.
    As a rule we don't recommend ATT or any other tweaking program as we've already set the tweaks and these programs tend to overwrite our values. If you need a program for overclocking I'd recommend ATITool or Power strip. However, if you still wish to use ATT I'd recommend not changing the Texture quality through it but using the CCC to set the IQ level where you're happy.