DHzer0point 0.68

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by PoopyTheJ, Aug 27, 2006.

1. unlucky

unlucky New Member

I just installed these but now i find c&c the first decade namely ra 1 and c &c just have a blank screen but i can hear all the sound (the picture actually appears on my tv if i plug it in through s-video.) Ra 2 also has issues now and causes an error report after a blank screen when i try to go ingame this has only started happening now i've installed these drivers sadly i didn't keep a system restore so i'm a bit stuck should i just reinstall the normal ati ones? Or is this probably possibly something else (the games definitely worked before this driver.)

- Well ignore this i've reinstalled the ati catalysts and its still not working so i guess these drivers aren't the issue

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  2. riles9262

riles9262 Driverheaven brewmaster

Thanks guys, I'm getting them. I appreciate you leaving the ccc in there too...these look to be a great set and well worth the wait.

3. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

And remember that you can always uncheck ccc install. ;)

4. lpzml

lpzml New Member

I tried it but now it seems be doing the same as before before I installed Omega's wiht the DH drivers i get the same as before Crossfire enabled and when i click ona game screen just flickers and then goes on standby then back and all I can do it close game though crtl alt delete

5. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

lpzml, I'm not really sure what's happening there can you be a bit more clear? Does this issue occur with Omega's as well? Fate84, please post your DeviceID so I can fix the installer so it'll install normally.

6. lpzml

lpzml New Member

I couldn't run Crossfire with Ati's Drivers and Your new Ones I was using Omega's and they worked great i could run Crossfire no problem when opening games. I cleaned Omega's out in safe mode then installed you new 6.8 enabled CF then opened battlefield 2 or bf 2142 and when I click it all i get is a Black Screen and flickering the screen goes on standby comes back and nothing ever pops up. I dont know what Omega is running but his let me run CF. I forgot to say that after I close whatever game i was trying to open i get the VPU recover error. How Do I get the Device ID ?

7. Fate84

Fate84 New Member

Device ID is 5955, and by the way do I really need the Catalyst Control Center? It's eating up a lot of memory and I would like to uninstall it without effecting the drivers.

8. qweqaz5

qweqaz5 New Member

Before installing these DHzeropoint drivers, I have 2 questions:

1) Are WDM drivers included in this release? My card is an ATI X800XT PE VIVO

2) If I choose to not install CCC, will the old CP be installed instead?

Thanks in advance....

9. lpzml

lpzml New Member

K device Id is Graphics Card Manufacturer Built by ATI
    Graphics Chipset Radeon X1800 CrossFire Edition
    Device ID 7109

10. fobis

fobis New Member

Did you run DriverCleaner Pro between driver installations?

WDM drivers are included. As for CP, we're working on releasing a separate CP set, so you'll have to bear with CCC for now. Sorry.

11. qweqaz5

qweqaz5 New Member

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll wait for that release then.....

12. JCOTV64

JCOTV64 New Member

Why after close a game (or any 3d aplication) the clocks return to default with the Ati Tool (500/594). And the default should be 574/600, why it does that?

13. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Well everyone my baby was just born at 2:00PM EST, 7lbs ten ounces so I'm gonna be pretty busy.

JCOTV64 your card is locked by ATI, ATI Tool will overclock for a certain purpose or time frame and then the card reverts. There's an option in there somewhere to unlock the card like under preferences or something. qweqaz5 WDM Drivers are included, the CP option will not be released anytime soon,see above ;), you can uninstall the CCC without any ill effects but your not gonna be able to change any AA or AF settings. lpzml we've not had an issue with crossfire before, do the games run in single mode fine? Or does the problem occur with both single and crossfire?

14. SexPistoL

SexPistoL New Member

Congratulations it's the greatest experience in the world. ;)

15. JCOTV64

JCOTV64 New Member

Congratulations man!!;););););) I would like not to bother but it's just a litle cuestion :oops:. Before the 6.6 catalyst (modified or not) driver i could do overclock without this problem but now it's happening. Do you recommend do the overclock modifying the bios of the card?, if you agree with what and how?

16. fobis

fobis New Member

I wouldn't touch the BIOS if I were you just to not complicate things.
    But you can try the latest beta of ATiTool to see if that helps.

17. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

If you do flash your bios be sure to keep a backup of the original.

18. mike2h

mike2h New Member

i agree with fobis. you have a good chance of doing more harm than good(if any good).
    different drivers(by using more of the gpu & causing it to run warmer generally) will give you different oc's. this true of both nv & ati. might also want to check your case cooling.
    i would also consider an aftermarket cooler. i use one on my wifes 1800xl & got a better oc & considerably less noise.

19. JCOTV64

JCOTV64 New Member

Well about cooiling i have plenty of fan's dirrectly to the card, 50° on idle and 70° on full. I'm still try to achive better cooling 'casuse i'm not using de 100% of the videocard's fan, so it may improve. indeed i have the latest version of atitool (0.25 beta 15) and the same history...
    It's not weird that with other old version of drivers (ATT & AT also) i did estable overclock?

20. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

JCO, it is odd and I'm looking at it currently, does it occur with stock 6.8's as well?