DHzer0point 0.68

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by PoopyTheJ, Aug 27, 2006.

1. unlucky

unlucky New Member

well i used driver cleaner pro and reinstalled the standard drivers and ra2, ra and c&c now work again incase anyone eles had any problems :uhoh:

2. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

unlucky, thanks for the heads up, I'm assuming we probably didn't test with the earlier RA titles so I'll be running some tests with those games to find the issue. Anyone else have any issues with crossfire please let me know.

3. JCOTV64

JCOTV64 New Member

Well, the default option appear as 500/594 , when my card clocks are 575/600 from real stock, so after enter to any 3d aplication (or playing videos) the clock of the gpu underclock to 500 (500/594 the default profile). I try to edit that default profile to 575/594, but it does undercloking no matter what.

4. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

JCO so any Catalyst driver after 6.6 does this right? the 6.5's don't? Or the 6.6's don't but the 6.7's do? Trying to figure out exactly which set stops you from overclocking.

5. JCOTV64

JCOTV64 New Member

DHzer0point 0.65 was the fitst drivers i used, and they worked just fine with the overclock, then i move to NGO 6.6 and with those starts that underclocking problem, omega 3.8.273 also and now with this new ones i thought it would be fixed. Iven't used any normal ati catalyst driver, just those modifed that i mentioned.

6. pigdog

pigdog New Member

First up, thanks for the hard work. This is the second set that I've used, and the experience has been 100% positive. :w00t:

Btw, I am running the nForce4 8.12 beta set of mb drivers. They are playing together quite nicely thankyou.:taste:

And PoopyTheJ, congrats to you and your partner. Not that it matters, but out of idle curiosity, is the new family member a boy or girl?

2 very different experiences fatherhood-wise, particularly when they hit their teens![​IMG]

7. drwho

drwho Active Member

Just wondering if these ZeroPoint Drivers support a Crossfire setup?

drwho [​IMG] ;)

8. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

thanks pigdog, I have a six yr old boy and a newborn girl.

drwho, so far in the past we've had very positive feedback from our crossfire users. lpzml is the first user to have problems with a crossfire setup. JCO when you uninstall and reinstall are you using driver cleaner to get rid of any reg settings still hanging on from the old driver install?

9. jasperchc

jasperchc New Member

this latest driver is causing my computer to crash while playing counterstrike souce. Something to do with looping sound crash, tried all the suggested methods from valve to resolved it but the problem still presisted. It only went away when i revert back to the 0.65 DHzer0point driver. Kinda weird since its a graphic driver but its causing sound problems.

10. DeepBlue23

DeepBlue23 New Member

First: I installed a DHzer0point Driver the first time, and i love it :).

@ jasperchc:

I think it has to do with the Catalyst driver 6.8 base.

My CS:S crashs on cs_militia, DoD:S on every map. Maybe it is HDR related.

I switched back to the normal catalyst and it still crashs (so i switched to the DHzer0point Driver again).

But the last Source Update could also be the problem.

I have a x850xt PE.

11. JCOTV64

JCOTV64 New Member

When i try a new package of drivers it's when windows pass away, so i install everthing from zero, but i know about make a reg clean in case i had to install without kill windows. In fact i did now, but i dont know which version install now, 6.5 that works just fine or 6.8 'cause of the perfomrance with quality. What should i do?

12. fobis

fobis New Member

Did you use DriverCleaner Pro?

13. JCOTV64

JCOTV64 New Member

I made my decision and install the DZ 6.8 drivers set, with the CCC (i really hate it :p), and for the oc the ati tool, it's working good so far, whatching videos nothing happends (the underclocking bugs). I'm installing some game in order to know if this time is working.

14. JCOTV64

JCOTV64 New Member

I cant bealive it, the same error, i entero to a 3d aplication on full scren and the clock set to default (500/594), that's not even my defult clocks, what should i do:tears::tears:?

15. DeepBlue23

DeepBlue23 New Member

I have the same error on cs_militia and i used Drive Cleaner Pro.

After some testing i formated my hard drive and installed Windows again and it still crashs.

16. jasperchc

jasperchc New Member

errr no, i didnt use that. i just uninstalled all the ati related stuff from 'add remove program'

17. fobis

fobis New Member

Try using DriverCleaner Pro under safe mode after uninstalling the drivers, and then installing the set.

18. drwho

drwho Active Member

Thanks for the reply, PoopyTheJ. I have one more question. Is Crossfire enabled the same way as in the ATI CCC?. If not, how is it enabled?

drwho [​IMG] ;)

19. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

drwho, crossfire is enabled the same way as the standard catalyst driver suite.

20. drwho

drwho Active Member

Thanks. [​IMG]

drwho [​IMG] :)