DHzer0point 0.8443 Release

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by PoopyTheJ, Apr 29, 2006.

1. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

DHzer0point 0.8443 Release Notes

Based on the Nvidia 84.43 set
    DHzer0point Quality and performance optimizations
    SLI and Laptop install and performance issues fixed
    SLI performance optimizations
    Clipping and shadow optimizations updated
    Fog optimizations updated
    As a little treat we have also modified the new Nvidia CP to work with our 0.8443 set. The only issues we've run into in beta testing are some laptop users may not be able to use the new CP, this is a problem with the CP itself and we are unable to change it until it's updated. Also setting AA and AF through the new CP may not work. Otherwise all other options work and it's a pretty slick interface so we thought you'd enjoy the options.

Issues
    New CP may have some bugs not noted above, if you run into any issues please let us know as we can't fix it if we don't know it's broken.

Future items
    More SLI and general performance enhancements
    Working over the new CP to get full functionality if possible.

Grab yours at www.driverheavendownloads.net and let us know your findings here!

2. SuperVisor

SuperVisor New Member

I tried the new control panel but not liking it. How do I switch back to the old one could not find the setting to do it.

3. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Just choose it in the drop down menu when you right click, the new CP is on top of the old one, ie right click on desktop and instead of choosing the control panel choose the option underneath that is standard from normal releases.

4. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Nice enough drivers and just as explained the new control panel isn't in the way if one doesn't want to use it. I installed this set just to check that one out and it seems promising. It's certainly no resource hog and the layout is a step in the right direction for the average user. I wonder if nVidia is going to finish it for release soon. In the meantime I use the standard panel together with nHancer for better profile management.

5. ccbrianf

ccbrianf New Member

Feature details?

Just curious if there is any more detailed information available about the tweaks you have performed in your drivers than those that are provided with the release notes.

I'm not interested in the how. You have to keep something secret for your drivers to be unique ;-).

But, as a developer, I'm interested in a more detailed description of what you think you did than things like "Improved SLI performance" or "shader cull optimazations", etc. would imply.

Is that possible to give away?

Thanks.

6. WWNSX

WWNSX New Member

Profile Request

Would it be possible to add a Trackmania Sunrise profile by default to the DH Zeropoint Drivers so you guys can work your magic :) ? if not where are all these profiles for teh games stored as i'd like to look at the details and see if i can make one.

-WWNSX

7. Espion

Espion New Member

I only lose my app profiles when I roll back drivers or use driver cleaner. When updating to newer drivers the only thing I lose are my color profiles :(

Compared to the normal drivers + coolbits, there seems to be a nice improvement in image quality. My FPS might of dropped a little, but that's not really a problem with this card anyway.

8. fobis

fobis New Member

The application profiles will always be lost when switching drivers. =\
    But it's good to hear that these improved IQ for you. :D

9. pigdog

pigdog New Member

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 9300. That's the one with the 6800 GO gpu. I have a Viewsonic 19' LCD connected to it, as well as a seperate mouse and keyboard.

My issue is that since installing the latest DHzeropoint's (0.8843) every time I boot my lappy up, I have to re-configure the whole screen setup I have for using the 19' VS instead of the lappie's own screen..

Also, the Nvidia CP is just blank. Nothing appears in any of the panels except for the Help links.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Zeros; same problems. I re-downloaded and tried again; no good.

I re-installed the old Drvs (81.54's) and everything worked perfectly.

And I did the standard right thing - used DC Pro each time.

It's not a real drama, but I rather like using the Zeros. They look much nicer imho.

10. pigdog

pigdog New Member

Sorry, forget something: I purchased and downloaded Earth 2160 from steam. If when playing it, I use the Zeros, it causes my lappy to BSOD:eek: about every 10 minutes or so.

I've investigated the error codes, and it seems to be the graphics drivers.

Once again, if I install the 81.54 set, it never happens (so far:) )

Cheers
    jb

11. e!i

e!i New Member

I find your drivers quite good, but with the 8x.21 set, they left a string in my registry, when i installed newer drivers, i had 5 strings left there instead of 4. This never happens with other drivers.

12. fobis

fobis New Member

Very odd... Where are these registry strings left? We'll look into it.
    pigdog, if the new CP doesn't work, just use the old one. I still like the old one better, myself. :) And as for your BSOD problem, we'll look into it... Are you interested in beta testing, maybe? ;)

13. pigdog

pigdog New Member

I'd certainly be interested. It'd be good to help put something back into the DH community, particularly as laptops/notebooks are slowly starting to provide a more resonably competitive platform for game playing.

Something else that might come in handy; I have access to to a wide range of the latest laptops through work, so I can run some fairly informative comparisons.

Anyhow, thanks for the reply
    cheers
    pd

14. e!i

e!i New Member

15. bragebang

bragebang New Member

I've just installed the 0.8443 to play CoD2 and, though everything else seems to be working nicely, every time I reboot, I receive a "Windows Script Host" error.

"Can't find script engine "VGScript" for script "C:\Windows\System32\DHzpColor.vbs"."

This might of course be a stupid mistake of my own, but I just wanted to let you know.

Brage

16. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

ccbrianf, there are variables allowed in the drivers for the way the drivers handle certain instructions and compatibility settings. By tweaking those, changing them and recording results we enhance the performance and IQ of the driver. We strive to have the most stable, best looking and performing drivers available. Nvidia, has to comply with WHQL rules for releases we don't. Some things which wouldn't work for that we enable. Also changing the way the drivers do things like back face culling, SLI compatibility, pixel shading and vertex shading we are able to squeeze a litle extra performance out to offset the demands of the increased IQ we put in the drivers. Some settings work to enhance performance across the board some only in certain situations. Some settings work better on newer hardware than on old, we try to strike a balance however we do aim for the 6x series and above for our optimizations as those are the cards which are dx9 compatible and thus give us a wider range of options when telling the graphics card where to store textures, how to process textures, pixel shader instructions etc.

17. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

If you don't have any visual basic runtimes installed you'll recieve that error. Which OS are you using? Winxp Pro sp2 should never receive that error you probably will run into it in win2k or sp1 or previous versions of winxp.

18. ccbrianf

ccbrianf New Member

Thanks for the reply, but I really know all of the generics you state here. I'm interested in the exact what, not the how. For instance:

I'm content to let you figure out and keep secret the registry settings, etc. to "improve back face culling, SLI compatibility, pixel and vertex shading, etc." I want to know exactly what improving "back face culling, SLI compatibility, pixel and vertex shading, texture storage, etc." does from an application developers point of view.

Ie. What specific improvements/rendering changes are done to my application, and or how do I write my application to take specific advantage of a particular tweak. I'm sure the answer isn't: "You shouldn't care as these tweaks are all improvements and universally applicable."

I assume the answer may be that you just don't really know the details. You test the undocumented tweaks that nVidia has in their drivers across a wide range of games and just choose the ones that work the best without really knowing exactly what they do from an application development or engineering level?

Is it not possible to give out more details without compromising an NDA or your driver's uniqueness?

19. wrathofgod

wrathofgod New Member

Would have used these but could not find a way to kill the new control panel. Right click option is not there as stated previously in this thread. =[

Back to another modded driver. =[