DHzer0point 8184 Released

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by PoopyTheJ, Oct 14, 2005.

1. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Good things come to those who wait, and well, you all waited.

Some of the cool stuff you can look forward to inside:

-THE BATTLEFIELD 2 7800 GTX BUG IS DEFEATED (thanks to Scooper and the rest of the beta team, you guys rock)
    -Gorgeous eye candy, as always
    -Extensively tested in FEAR Demos, BF2, and CoD2 Demo, and Source Engine
    -The dreaded “DHzer0point uninstall bug” should finally be laid to rest
    -Same old tweaks you’ve come to know and love, and of course some new ones
    -We've removed the Source enging Autoexec from this release due to changes in the Source engine as well as the 8xxx series drivers. This may return in the future.

Outstanding issues:

-Dungeon Siege 2 fog isn’t processing properly, but this appears to be an nVidia issue, and not our fault
    -D&D Dragonshard doesn’t seem to want to render the ground…at all. We’re hunting this down and seeing if it’s us, or nVidia, and either way, trying to fix it.

A glimpse into the future:

-Special attention will be paid to the various games upcoming, including, but not limited to: Quake IV, F.E.A.R., Call of Duty 2, and perhaps Age of Empires III and Civilization IV
    -We constantly comb through files and the web for new tweaks to add, and recompile our tweak database in order to provide yall with the freshest, seXXXiest looking drivers on the web

Special thanks to Scooper for working with us to hunt down the particular cause of LAG in BF2 with a 7800GTX.

The DHzer0point Team
    "Quality First, Last, and Always"

As always get yours at http://www.driverheavendownloads.net/zeropoint.htm

2. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

first to try them out :)
    maybe these drivers can gain me nine points in 3dmark05.

3. starfury6

starfury6 Dark Jedi

Nice one Poopy and the team, thanks.

4. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Even though the drivers are not for benching I got 8623 on 05 with only moderately overclocking my card.

This set is truelly amazing, the image quality and performance is unbelivable (at least to me).

I hope you guys like it.

5. Slammy

Slammy New Member

What is this bf2 7800gtx bug? I guess i havent heard of it cause i have a 7800gtx and am using the 81.84s right now.

6. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

some users with 7800GTX's experienced severe lag on BF2 with the DHzp 8182set, that's been resolved.

7. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

severe lag may be an understatement

8. Ulric

Ulric New Member

Oh, so I noticed that the NVIDIA side of the spectrum is getting some more love. That's cool and all, but when will performance increase with the ATI set? I downloaded the 5.9 set and they sucked ass with my machine. However, I'm not so sure it wasn't my system's fault this time, so I'll refrain from bashing the drivers completely. Hell, even the Omega set wasn't performing at full speed. Cum to drink of it, while on the subject of ATI, I tried out the latest 5.10 stock drivers and they seem to be working just fine for me and WoW. I don't understand why, but I don't really care, either. Long live ATI.

9. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

You'd have to ask that in the ATI section : )

10. GeneralClaymore

GeneralClaymore Active Member

will there be winxp64bit vers of these drivers. cuz i would love to use these on windows xp64bit =/

11. Scooper

Scooper -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

Man, I can testify to that!
    She is all gone now! [​IMG]

The issue was limited to 7 series cards... and even then didn't happen to them all. Really weird!
    I was asked to join the team as a victim of the issue - and cuz I'm cool :cool:

I won't even try to take any credit from the guys except as a simple tester donating high end hardware and lotsa time. Happy to help - Great team!

12. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r New Member

Going to try them out.

Had some problems with severe ground texture bugs in Guild Wars with any driver later than 78xx ... also, i think some Black & White 2 crashes were related to it for me, because those ceased after reverting to DHZP .7803

Anyway, thanks and continue the great work!

[PS: Hi, i'm new here ;) ... and WTF you need FIVE HUNDRED posts to be allowed an avatar?!]

EDIT:

Nope, as all drivers later than .78xx those drivers produce Ground Texture Errors in Guild Wars and crashes in Black & White 2 for me, or rather my MSI NX6600GT-128 (PCIe)...
    Well but i've had this with the nVidia betas 8184 also, so it's probably their fault ^^

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  13. pr0digal jenius

the guild wars issue is not something we have any control over. The B&W2 bug, however, if you can describe it in detail and possibly screenshot/transcribe any error messages, we can see about workign that one out for you, as that's a new one to me.

As for X-64 drivers, I'll talk to drew and get his opinion, but as we have very minimal X-64 beta testing rescources, if we do go that route, they will likely be a "public beta" sort fo thign for a while

14. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r New Member

Well there isn't really much to describe about the B&W2 crash. The game gets slower and slower over time and stutters worse and worse, and after an hour or so performance drops ridiculously within a couple of seconds towards a complete halt. And well ... the image and computer are frozen completely. I can't open up the task manager or the startmenu... heck, i can't even swap Numlock on my Keyboard once the System is at this point.

And it's very probably related to Display Drivers, because i didn't change anything else and it always stops completely after reverting to 7803 drivers (done just now), i can play for hours without major performance loss (i do beliebe B&W2 isn't leak-free though).

15. darkcube

darkcube New Member

Hey, i've always been willing to betatest x64 drivers, actually i seem to have been kicked off the zer0point beta testing team because i'm only running x64 now...

16. pr0digal jenius

ok, so on the B&W2 crash, do the stock 81.84 drivers do it, or is it just the DHzer0points?

17. MNDS

MNDS New Member

Both do, I have the same issue with this game and a couple others. My problem personally relates to dual core though as when I set affinity to cpu 0 for a given game thats crashing it operates perfectly normal. Kinda frustrating though I wish nvidia would correct the problem...

18. pr0digal jenius

that does suck :annoyed:

but that's also nothing I can even begin to correct :(

19. rebels

rebels -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

My dang new nvcontrol panel just wont start-up the reason was nvcpl.cpl are gone!! were did he gone?

20. redbonez

redbonez New Member

Battlefield 2 problem

When I try to run battlefield 2 using these drivers I am kicked back to desktop after the blackscreen following the Battlefield 2 splash screen. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it? EA says it is a driver problem, but it seems many of you have successfully played BF2 with these drivers.

I am running a 256MB NVidia GeForce Go 6800 16x PCI-Express on a custom built desktop-replacement (laptop) using the same chassis and chipset as the Alienware Area-51m 7700.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have loved your drivers in the past, and want to continue using them.

thank you,
    -redbonez