DHzer0point 8184 Released

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by PoopyTheJ, Oct 14, 2005.

1. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

Hmm..I don't have either of those games....what card do you have?

The only thign i can perhaps think of is to replace the modes/resolution section with the stock one, which while removing all those custom "non-standard" resolutions, might help?

2. startx

startx DriverHeaven Pioneer

I cant remember what DH remove last time, but there was a fix he uploaded, inf only..... 6800gt... other games are also prone to this problem, using DH driver,.

3. trodas

trodas fanless WC Opty 3GHz

Yup, but this is likely 1.03 BF patch result, since in 1.00 it works just fine ;)

Using the 76.44 anyway :p

Now I installed the 81.84, did not tried and 3D yet, however where is gone the advanced resolution toolbar from the options?!?
    Huh?
    How can I get it back??? :confused:

Please help!

I can't believe it is gone, I use modded drivers so things aren't gone and now - they are gone?!? WTF?!

4. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

trodas can you take a screen shot of what's missing, I'm not seeing anything missing on my end....

5. trodas

You kidding me? :rofl:
    Even back in this thread, this is the missing tab in options:

[​IMG]

...so, I did not have this tab now, what I should do to get it back with - I hope - unlocked the delete button? :confused:

PS: I mean that the whole "Screen Resolutions & Refresh rates" options tab is MISSING... :duh:

6. startx

7. trodas

So, any help/solution???

Besides that, games like Call of Duty, Quake 3 and SoF2 (basicaly all OpenGL games) are into 60Hz only, even I set 100Hz into the refresh rate override thing.

It does not work anymore or what?!

Damn, I should stayed with the old ones, or there is a way how to fix it? :confused:

8. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

does the refresh rate override tab work? I'm looking into it, values which should work aren;t for seme reason....

9. startx

http://rapidshare.de/files/7930459/nv4_disp.inf.html

this is the fixed inf which they send me...

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=73751&page=3&pp=15

I use this in your 81.84 release....

then the Resolution work now... but pls fix the 81.84 inf...

10. startx

This release also, doesnt work with NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED. it hangs during in game

11. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

Hmmm..works like a dream in the demo, I'll try and pick up a full copy of the game soonly and see.

As for the resolution tab being absent, I'll look into that as well....sorry for the slow responses guys...it's the end of the semester you know :(

12. fobis

fobis New Member

Uhhh... that .inf was only for the 76.44 set, not the 81.84. Besides, there were no reported resolution problems on the 81.84.
    Please refrain from using this inf with the 81.84 set as it was meant for the 76.44 set.

13. startx

your one of the people who fix the resolution thinggy...

Check your Flight simulator .. resolution dont work on that game.. even free lancer...

14. fobis

fobis New Member

Do you have the same problem as trodas? Are you missing the screen resolutions tab? If not, then you should be able to add custom resolutions and then you can use those resolutions in-game. Some games only use the resolutions the drivers say to use, instead of automatically detecting your monitor's possible settings.
    And also, I looked through the .inf and the resolution problem in the 0.7644 set is not in this one...

15. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

btw the 8184 set is as is, there will be no updated, 8184 set, we're currently working on a few sets and the resolutions problems are gone, so whenever the next set is released you can be guaranteed you're not going to have that problem. I wish we could continue to release updates to every driver set we release but with so many sets and doing this in my spare time I have to choose what's the best use of my time and frankly getting you guys a new set with fixes outweighs the benefits of updating a previously released set for a problem which doesn't severly impact the drivers.

16. startx

No, I mean in GAME... When you click 1024 resolution, then click ok, it will automatically revert back to 800x600.. even you choose other setting... even the anti aliasing is preset... you cant change anythng in game...

Flight simulator 2004, and Freelancer.... it was fix in 76.44 with a different inf you sent us.. read the other forum... it said there is a bug in the laptop thinggy or other part in the inf...

17. trodas

For some people, like me, the non-working (hidden) custom res tab is a serious problem, since it in fact prevent me from runing few games :sigh:

Neverless, 81.84 is bad release, after all.
    Couple of another bugreports:

1) overlay is broken - at the bottom of typical YUV420 overlay is either green flicking bugs and into video, something like "fade to green" - it is NOT into the movied, they are fine in 76.44 ...
    This is useless. Don't you guys check the drivers before release anymore?!

2) speed - 3DMark03 go from 12800 to 10900 3DMark, similar slow-down in F.E.A.R. and such - 76.44 was notably faster release. nVidia optimizing now only for 7800 cards and 6800 Ultra owners get lost of what?

3) custom resolutions tab is missing

4) refreshrate override refuse to work at all (at least for OpenGL apps, but DX ones was never a problem... so..)

Are you short of betatesters or what? :confused:

18. Mikano

Mikano New Member

i have a problem with rendering in a game i play. i cant seem to increase the draw distance to let me see what i used to be able to see. things just pop out.

for example:

im walking down a path. i see a rock where enemies like to go. i look at it, nothing. i start walking towards it then BAM he is suddenly there.

another example:

i had my friend stand out in the open as i walked backwards. as i was walking he just vanished.

basically, i love these drivers. i would like to know if there is a way to fix this on my end.

19. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

trodas your issues are fixed as well as the draw distance issue in our current beta build which you can expect a release of in the next week. Also try setting the negative LOD to CLAMP Mikano to fix that draw issue, however if you're talking about GW, it's broken by nvidia and not our fault, it's fixed in the 8195 set.

20. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Trodas why don't you beta test for them?