DHzer0point ForceWare 0.9291

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 11, 2006.

1. mrestine

mrestine New Member

To uninstall video card drivers, use add-remove programs first. Boot into safe mode and then use DriverCleaner program to remove nVidia driver remnants. Then reboot into regular windows and install latest official nVidia Forceware 93.71 drivers. Reboot as necessary or directed.

You may be right about not having the 20/24 pin PSU connector connected to the MB. Try replacing your 430 with the 600 and see what happens. Even so, the 600 is still too weak for your entire system with that GX2 installed. You might try the 600 for the whole system with a less demanding video card, but then you would have to clean the drivers again.

As for the recommended Vcore for your CPU, I've seen it listed anywhere from 1.25 to 1.35 volts. My MB defaulted to 1.3 volts. I would recommend you set yours to 1.35 just to be on the safe side. I've seen several sites list 1.35 as the default. That is what I used to use when I ran mine at 2400Mhz. I now use 1.485 volts for 3200Mhz, but I have very good air cooling. My system idles at 25c and only occasionally hits 30c-31c under extreme full load.

Yeah, good point about the PSU synchronization. Both brands of video card PSU's that I've used have connections with the system PSU of some kind or other.

2. mrestine

mrestine New Member

Select 100% PSU Utilization and don't forget to add the CPU fan as an extra fan in the fans section. Also, don't forget to add the floppy, if you are using one.

3. Fire Frog

Fire Frog New Member

actually i dont think its the psu problem... though i believe it has something to do with the power. maybe its a faulty power regulator onboard? cause i tried using the 600w for the whole system. and its not working also. if there is something wrong with the psu i suppose the games wont even run well and there will be random reboots or shut downs... but i'm not having any of those..

onli when i boot up there are problems.. nevertheless i'll bring my whole system down to the distributor to let them troubleshoot. i'm using my 7600gt now and everything is alright. which means that there is no problem with the drivers.

actually there's no need to reinstall the drivers. just do a update and it works. at least for me. haha. this is frustrating. maybe i'll just sell off the 7950gx2 and use the money to get a 22" lcd.

4. fobis

fobis New Member

Have you tried upgrading your motherboard BIOS? It could be a compatibility issue...

5. Fire Frog

Fire Frog New Member

i've already updated to the latest bios... still cant.. sigh... thanx a lot for the help.

6. fobis

fobis New Member

Hmm. that's a bummer. Try contacting your manufacturer and see what they have to say if you haven't already.

7. Fire Frog

Fire Frog New Member

i've brought my whole system down to the distributor and they ran a series of checks. they said that there are mainly 2 problems with my computer. firstly the power supply is not really enough and secondly that the drivers might be corrupted and they recommended reformatting the computer and changing the power supply. i did the reformatting last night (morning for u guys) and i happily tested the system again but it fails again... so i'm guessing that i would have to change the psu today. i'll try with the coolermaster 600w again and will update u guys. thanx a lot for all the help.

8. jarda-wien

jarda-wien New Member