DHzer0point Nvidia 0.7803 Released!

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by PoopyTheJ, Sep 4, 2005.

1. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I already sent my request to Poopy the J for beta testing. I appriciate your teams lasting effects on the comunity and overall devotion. I would just like to help you guys in any and every way possible, if you guys accept donations then I will try to get some money out to you or maybe save up to buy systems for you to test drivers on.

2. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 New Member

oh! i guess i have to excuse my unlucky text :oops:
    sorry for that!

i didn't want to say that everyone else is just complaining - i just wanted to say that i am happy that there is another upcoming betatester...

SORRY once again (though i won't erase the last posting as i think that a sorry is better)

where is the whip? ...oh, there it is! ...now i will have to take this [​IMG] and that [​IMG]

3. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I just tried these with my 5900XT and it seems the CS:S optimzation destroys my framerates on aztec and there appears to be no water on the ground. Any ideas?

4. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Will look into it SFOSOK, btw working on getting you and scooper added will be PMing you shortly....

5. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

kk, sorry I'm not on Aim that much. I think the reason my framerates were taking a dive was because there was no water to distort the image thereby making the ground look the same and demanding much more from my system. I took out the opt and it works fine now and the new DHZ are far superior than DNA drivers for Nvidia. I'm stickin with your guys drivers until you stop making them. Will you also plan to include far cry optimization in your 7803 pack? Also I would like to see these optimizations in futhere releases.

CoD: 2
    DoD: S
    Aftermath (though thats probably the same as the HL2 opt)
    F.E.A.R.

One question about your opts, are they for quality or performance?

And if for either or, how much does the other suffer.

Or is it just a general optimization to get as much performance without degrading quality.

6. madx

madx New Member

I wanted to know if I could change the performance and quality settings to my likings.

7. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

you can do whatever you want.....the DHZP drivers come set out of the box at what they think is the best balance of perf/quality....but feel free to tinker away, just know that changing some stuff could make it run like molasses in december

8. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

:confused: :bleh: :rolleyes:

:lol:

9. pr0digal jenius

yea yea yea...."you might be a nerdy redneck if....

...you've ever compaired framerates to the viscosity of stagnant molasses"

;)

10. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

lol, hey I'm a nerdy redneck

11. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

-Unified performance, set the performance slider where you prefer for performance, the set defaults to HIGH Quality.

12. Scooper

Scooper -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]AnthraxPants at G3D came up with a tweak:

[/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica]
    They work great for me too. The lag problem with BF2 is due to all the bugs DICE have not fixed yet. Try running BF2 in low priority, you can make a bat file and place it in your BF2 folder then make a shortcut to the batfile and start BF2 with that. Open notepad and paste this into it

@echo off
    start /belownormal bf2

then name it lowpriobf2.bat and copy it to your BF2 folder then make a shortcut to this file and use an icon of your choice (BF2 icon can be found on CD) to make it look pretty. Now you can cut and paste the shortcut where ever you like and start BF2 below normal priority so it doesn't hog all the resources from your connection.

I have not noticed any drop in frame rates and have had no lag at all in the last week.

Thanks to scat for this tip, it is easy to do and works wonders so try it yourselves then all thank scat for fixing your lag problem.

My 6800 GT runs great at only 50 C idle temp and maybe 57-58 C under load. Use cab cleaner before cleaning nvidia files when you are in safe mode with Driver Cleaner or you could get a driver conflict which will give you high temps and crashes. If these are unstable for you stick to the beta 78.03 if you have a 6800 GT as they are very stable.
    [/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica]

[/font]
    Me:
    I'm cool with a tweak... but the thing is my hardware runs beautifully with the official drivers. I doubt the DHzer0point crew wants to add a "if you lag like there's no tomorrow with the fastest video card in the world, do this..." clause to the readme.

I'm very interested in these considering the reviews many are giving.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  13. pr0digal jenius

I dunno...the dude's name is "AnthraxPants" :rofl:

no, good find tho :D

14. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Thanks, that's a possible include in a revised installer or patch as it's a conflict with some of our settings obviously, we're not getting rid of the settings whcih make other games runa dn look great but could include that as a BF2 specific tweak...

15. pr0digal jenius

makes you wonder how many other EA games that hack will work on :evil:

16. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

The thing is DHzp drivers demand more from your video card than the officials, BF2 is already a resource hog and we're making yoiur video card work harder. It's a problem with BF2 and our drivers telling your card to work harder, ie it's already working hard, BF2 demands mucho system resources and we make it perform more, by turning off trilinear aniso optimizations etc. This makes perfect sense to me and will probably be included in a future revision as it's a one off situation, and it's an easy fix to implement. rather than remove tweaks which help more games and hurt one why not have a fix for the one that's hurt and keep the benefit for the rest. BTW Scooper when you run the official drivers are your running them at High Quality in the control panel so that all optimizations are off? Our drivers default to high quality whereas nvidia defaults somewhere around the middle, leaving all internal optimizations on.

17. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

Version 4.36.. I really dont think its a different problem because i am using a whole difference computer minus the ram. :confused:

18. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

the game works in OpenGL, just not directx.

19. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

this is the original UT huh? And you're saying this occurs with the what was it 6997 DHzp drivers? Not the 7803 or you haven't tried or it does indeed occur with the 7803's? Ive got Ut laying around here somewhere I know I'll try and pop it in to take a look.

20. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

Ya it happens with the .7803 as well. It is so un responsive, i have to ctrl-alt-del the game, to get control back over my computer.

OpenGL is working perfectly fine though.