Diablo 3 Not at E3

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Iria, May 4, 2006.

1. Iria

Iria New Member

Source: IGN
    May 3, 2006 - While certain advertisements on IGN had hinted that Blizzard Entertainment would be showing Diablo 3 at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, it's unfortunately untrue. Through a gap in communication, the IGN Insider promo mistakenly implied that the game would be part of the coverage offered at next week's convention. Sadly for us all, this was simply a production error.

Blizzard has no plans to show Diablo 3 at the conference, as they had told IGN editorial in the past. The developer is focusing all of their energy towards promotion of the first World of Warcraft expansion -- The Burning Crusade -- and will save any announcements they may or may not have planned for a later date.

IGN would like to apologize for any misunderstanding the advertisement may have caused. Look for all of the updated info on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade from E3 next week, and all new Blizzard products as they're announced in the future

2. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

.....and I didn't even know there was a diablo 3...and what ever happened to the Starcraft: Ghosts?

3. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

huh... from what it sounds, D3 is a confirmed game and in the works. would be nice if it was true.

as for SC:Ghost, its been delayed god only knows how many times now. started out as a GC exsclusive, then it went to all platforms, then i beleive they dumped PS2 support, and then they scraped the entire project and now its an X360 exsclusive i beleive.

4. PuPeTeeR

PuPeTeeR New Member

Starcraft: Ghost was delayed indefinitely, and rumor has it, it will be cancelled.. It seems an internal note was being passed canceling the game.. U can see it here. Hope they launch another starcraft game :tears:

Although Diablo3 won't be shown on E3, it was a nice to hear they are working on him [​IMG]

5. Dawnrazor

Dawnrazor New Member

Pretty sure I read that Ghost had been officially cancelled a few monthes ago.

Diablo 3 is a surprise to me, D2:Lord of Destruction is still my most played game