Did Driver Cleaner screw up my resolution?

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by KindOfBlue, Aug 15, 2011.

1. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue New Member

Hi,

I was going to install the newest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 560 Ti. I uninstalled the old drivers and used Driver Cleaner in safe mode with the "nvidia" filter. After installing the new drivers I noticed something was definitely not right. My desktop background was unsharp and garbled. It's not just the background. Whenever I look at any higher resolution images, there's distortion especially in darker areas.
    I've tried everything. I've fiddled with every imaginable color/resolution setting, rolled back drivers, installed new drivers, even swapped the GTX 560 with its predecessor, a 9800 GX2 to no avail. I know it's not my computer monitor because the card also has a HDMI cable going to my TV and it shows the same thing.

What could have caused this? I'm not even sure it's Driver Cleaner, but it was the first time I used it on this particular computer and the problem emerged right after.
    I've attached a snip of my desktop.

Attached Files:

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

this is new to me. I have never seen this before. Can you send me the log files in the Driver Cleaner.NET log folder? Send them to info at drivercleaner dot net.

Have you also checked the nvidia control panel and see if you can reset the settings to default there, so make sure the settings in the nvidia control panel are at the default settings and see if that makes a difference.

3. MGaz

MGaz All wheel driver!

are you in your native resolution? win 7 seems to spoil the image if you run out side of it (a big issue if you use a CRT with no native resolution limitations)

4. jaydeee

jaydeee New Member

Very much possible. Drivers once corrupted, incompatible or simple not working may cause this issue. This issue may be fixed easily by reinstalling the drivers. However, with windows driver tool just around the corner, I rather use it than troubling myself with all the searching, download, and installing of drivers.