Did not know download limit

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by dinny, Aug 19, 2010.

1. dinny

dinny New Member

Spike,
    I have just read the thread regarding the poster reaching his download limit.

I didn't know there was a limit nor what program it concerns, I'm assuming its for Driver Cleaner.

Would you explain and also where is the Driver Cleaner location please.

Thanks.

2. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

so you read something about a limit you know nothing about, about a program you are not familiar with. Do you mind me asking, what do you care?

Driver Cleaner is a program designed to remove drivers completely from a system (as it tends to leave behind 'residue' with a normal de-installation) to make sure it is completely gone. It is a paid for program and as it turns out, there is a limit as to how many times you can download it.

3. dinny

dinny New Member

-------------------------------------------------------------

I knew nothing about a download limit because I was never told about it and I never seen any references to it. If I'm not informed about it how can I know about it.

I am familiar with the program, I've been using it for some years.
    In a thread I read about it last year Spike posted that the drivers would update the program so I presumed program updates were not issued.

This is true, again about a year ago I wanted a program update, I searched for info on how to get it, I did not find how or where to get it so I paid for it again, its not that expensive so thats why I did it.

I'll ask again, where do I get a program update please, or a new version ?

Thanks.

4. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

The series you need of DriverCleaner is .NET, if you've purchased the program then you will likely have .net the older Platinum version, is now unsupported and was available free about 5 years ago.

To update for free, you simply select Live Update from the Tools menu when the program is open. This will check for and if available install the new version for free.

Craig

5. dinny

dinny New Member

Thanks lots Craig, its clear now.

No, I was using the "new" version of DriveCleaner, I purchased it between 2 and 3 years ago.

It is a great program indeed, one of the best programs I have got.

6. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

I'm sorry I misunderstood. The first post you made was quite vague as to what you really wanted, as you mentioned nothing about having bought the progrom or that you were looking for updates.

7. dinny

dinny New Member

Neshi,
    Re-reading my first post I see your point, I could have phrased it much better,
    sorry.