Difficulties of being a top player

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by clubrope, Apr 9, 2021.

1. clubrope

clubrope Active Member

Being a top player is really an insane achievement you will get on the game you are focused on. Maintaining ranks, Rotations, Leading your teammate is too difficult. There's too much hassle of being a top player. Not playing for a week may result in a drop in the rank list. There's nothing we can do about it, health problems come first. That's why we admire them. So my question is. If you were a top player, do you want to maintain your rank or keep a low profile and lay low for the meantime? This is a tough question especially for game lovers, so answer it honestly.

2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Only game I ever got really good at competitively was Wolfenstien ET I was great as an engineer but TBH didn't feel the need to worry about being the best I just enjoyed it.

Calliers likes this.
  3. clubrope

clubrope Active Member

I agree with your point. I'm not talking generally but sadly most people like to make their rank consistent and not looking for fun anymore.

Calliers likes this.
  4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Online I was very very good at C&C Renegade and good at C&C Generals/Zero Hour. I mostly kept playing them for fun. It just happened to excel in them, well...mostly Renegade.
    While games, especially FPS, have increased in popularity and and obviously money making potential (for the competitive players), I found myself caring less and less. Anyway, back to the question, you do need to practice a lot to remain top, but after some years of playing, you can easily skip a week or two and not lose any of your skills. Perhaps you will need a round or two to warm up, but that's about it. At least that's my experience with it.

Calliers likes this.
  5. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I have never played a video game of any type for competitive reasons.

Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  6. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

LOL!

In my younger days (20s and before) I used to be a legend.

Now, just a husk of my former self. :D

Trusteft likes this.
  7. clubrope

clubrope Active Member

On top of this, now that e-sports is a looming industry, top players are really craving for their ranks as fame and fortune are on top of their priority and to maintain that is their achievement.