Direct shortcut to an DSP effect

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Hugo Santos, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Hugo Santos

Hugo Santos Member

>Is there any way of having a icon on the desktop that opens a specific DSP effect (in this case the Mixy 4x2 to control system volumes in a few clicks). Maybe I'm just getting lazy, but it would improve my workflow a litle bit...

2. X172

X172 Audio Hobbyist

That'd be interesting to know. I'll bet it's not impossible, but not straightforward. A kX Console command and a shortcut to perform it? And whatever identifies a plugin instance may change with loading/unloading it.

I use VirtuaWin - a virtual desktop program for Windows - so I can cram kX effects into one "desktop" and pan to it with keyboard shortcuts when needed. This program is actually a major aspect of all my OS needs these days.

3. Hugo Santos

Hugo Santos Member

Of course it's not impossible, everthig is possible when things are done at the level of software. The only limitition is our imagination or ability to figure out a solution. I just asked because maybe someone can think about a simple way of doing it. If it's really complicated, nevermind, does not worth the effort.

4. Hugo Santos

Hugo Santos Member

No one can think of a way?

5. peate

peate Active Member

You can open the Mixy 4x2 with 2 clicks by right-clicking the kX icon and under Effects, left-clicking the plug-in you want to open. That's the simplest way I know. It's not a shortcut like you are asking, but I guess it's the next best thing.

6. Hugo Santos

Hugo Santos Member

Wasn't aware of that. Thank you.

7. qweiwei

qweiwei New Member

Perhaps you should use a tray tool to make it, such as 'Actual Window Minimizer'. It can create a desktop icon
    , this is another way i know.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014