DIrectX 9 DX 9A DX9B

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Tom85, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Tom85

Tom85 Guest

Wha t are the main differences between them? I still use the first official DX9! Should I upgrade to latest one, would it affect perfomance/fixed stuttering that I get a little in GTA VC?

2. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

3. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

its a very important update .... you need to upgrade

4. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

i always get all of microsofts updates from windows update. some ppl just hate that thing i think its reallly really helpful cause its better than risking potential attacks till a service pack comes along

5. Tom85

Tom85 Guest

Im really not affraid of potential attackers, I mean who would attack me with a DIAL UP connection?

So will there be an increase in perfomance or something?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2003
  6. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

It's not necessarily an "attack" . . . the exploit could be used if you visit a malicious web-page.

7. BavonWW

BavonWW New Member

I'll second that!

In fact I'm getting very fond of using standard features etc whenever I can. Sometimes a little time spent reading documentation or help and some experimenting can produce excellent results. For instance I now use the factory default on my dial-up 56k, I've had perfect performance since....
    Windows XP, once you get used to it, is also feature packed. Various tweak sites are a great help too. I've managed to do away with all sorts of extra apps and patches. Anyway thats what I think....

8. Leadfoot

Leadfoot New Member

While I do like the ability of quick updating and fixing security holes (something I don't really have too much of a problem with anyways), more often than not, if I don't use the windows update software on a regular basis, trying to return to it and use it causes serious problems. Actually, when I first heard about it I jumped out of my seat and went there and updated my computer... and my computer promptly crashed and wouldn't boot again. Had to reformat cause sp1 screwed with my computer so hard.

Not saying that is everyone's experience, but even my most recent download, DirectX 9.0b (which wasn't windows logo signed and wouldn't install right), disabled my AGP Texture Accelleration for some odd reason. Either that or it wasn't enabled in the first place cause of the Omega Drivers.

9. Tom85

Tom85 Guest

I never use Winhdows Update. I always wait till SP# comes out. The only time I had to use it was previous week when the MSBLAST worm attacked me and I had to fix the RPC service