DNA vs OMEGA

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Jeffro, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

another very easy way to check how closely KS is following Omegas work is see which particular files hes bundling with his releases.

then check those against the omega file versions

Last I checked they were still using the same exact ATi files in their releases but Omegas still come out first

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

what about http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=1332447382#post1332447382 get that sorted ?

3. Dawnrazor

Dawnrazor New Member

I got the same problem, and have posted about it here and on Rage 3D, and it wasn't from using DNA drivers. In fact the first time I used them was in trying to see if they would install things correctly after the CAts and Omegas failed. They at least installed a partial CP, but had bugs that messed up a couple of games I play...

Whatever problems they may have,the CP issue is not one of them, that seems to be a driver cleanining tool issue, something being deleted that shouldn't be.

4. ztride

ztride New Member

It's just drivers. The DNA are probably just modded Omega drives which I see nothing wrong with that since I do some personal tweaks myself.

5. Mazuko

Mazuko Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, why would he say not to use driver cleaners?

6. Dawnrazor

Dawnrazor New Member

Kinda like ATI issues the CATs...Omega does his thing to em...then KS does his thing to the Omegas. If thats the case, he should give credit though.

7. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

BINGO

and thats been the issue with the DNA drivers all along. KS cannot give credit where it is due then turns into a whiny lil bitch anytime someone mentions umm dude these are semi-changed omegas

8. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

9. Dawnrazor

Dawnrazor New Member

And as I said in my post it happened to me without using the DNA drivers, so I guess ATI have their installer set up wrong, and Omega too...

10. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

yes but which drivers did you have installed first? and did you try using Driver Cleaner and only clean out the ATi settings?

11. The_Neon_Cowboy

Really?

I've never seen that problem with ati's or omega's useing 98/98se/me/w2k/xp/xp sp1/xp sp2/2k3/ etc

it the by (chances of about 99.9%) its most likely the result of a inpropely set up installer.
    IMO he doesnt apear to know exatly what hes doing.

from statements I read by killersneek that he has made/used before on his site and others i really get the impression mabe he desn't as much he claims/apears to know.

12. Dawnrazor

Dawnrazor New Member

CatalystCatcher posted a fix based on a bug with ATI's installer and WinXP, but it didn't work for me or a couple of other folks who've posted about the problem. So you may be right about the installer in some cases.

I think the problem may be the result of Driver Cleaner or ATI's uninstaller taking out a file it shouldn't...As I said earlier in the thread I never used DNA drivers until after it happened to see if it would install where ATI's and Omega's bombed after reading his post on Rage 3D.

And as I also said, it did let me get a control panel to install, but the drivers messed with a couple of games I play, something the Omega's don't so theres proof of a difference lol

13. The_Neon_Cowboy

i pretty well done with this discussion moveing on..... i'll be ignore this thread from now on....
    there will be another discussion about this soon enough

14. whooha

whooha Banned

15. Optimummind

Optimummind Banned

In my experience, I've only had trouble with the Omega drivers. Either the AA or AF is not correctly implemented or the color levels are different and annoying.

A few Omegas that I have tried even caused my system to crash a few times. And, all those installs were clean installs (after I restore my system to a non-VGA driver state with Norton Ghost 2003 or Acronis TrueImage).

Now, I don't bother trying the Omega drivers. I just stick to ATI's.

16. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

To be honest, I am biased for Omega, based on happy experiences, but I can recall the DNA maker coming aboard to explain in a civil manner the effort on his part to represent his product. I haven't used his, but anyone that wants to tackle code and try to produce something of value has to have some dedication. In reference to insults and disparaging a persons choices, let experience dictate taste and choices. se la vie.

I enjoyed the Omegas, but I always knew what they were for. I stick to Catalyst now, but from my own experience, I might just avoid DNA altogether. When you tweak for better gaming performance, problems are part and parcel of the experience, albeit commensurate with the skill and experience of the user

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  17. Mazuko

Mazuko Well-Known Member

Since no one has answered my question that I posted in this topic yet I am asking it again.

18. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

It must have been DNA that did not recommend Driver Cleaner since Spike has created one specific to Omega's drivers. I can only guess that he won't recommend it so that if someone messes up their system, he won't have to give any type of support.

19. zerodamage

zerodamage New Member

oh sigh.
    Looks like from that German site that in Bechmarks Omega's drivers are faster.

20. The_Neon_Cowboy

this is a invisable post ;) i didnt post here it's all in yor mind lol

that site shows omega beating them in all bechmarks by a huge compairson like 50%
    but then shows dna's being faster in all games WTF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.